• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody have a an Enclosed Trailer I can borrow for KOH?

Re: Anybody have a 2 Rig Enclosed I can borrow for KOH?

MUCHADO said:
:flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: now there's drama :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

Ya Matt if u can find a trailer to sleep in it's definetly a bonus! I don't blame ya. Just don't go drivin into victorville to sleep in a holiday inn if you can't get an enclosed trailer or I will question your manhood!
How much junk is the KS crew hauling out there? You taking your dad's trailer?

MUCHADO said:
I'm not going. Ran out of $. :-[

You have time, go be a man whore for a while.

KS crew might take a Dmax and rhino in the back and quad on a little trailer. Looks like 2 of us unless we can round up a dumbass for an extra $275 in gas money.
Miles and I will be rolling alone. Done it before, work all day, drive all night to texas, get hummer tires, drive all day back, unload trailer, go to KC, get motor, 2.5 days :woody: It will happen again. :woody:

Yo Matt, trailer is a full 24' on the inside. It has some shelves in the front but nothing that couldn't be removed. Problem I see is even if 2 rigs would fit is how you would tie them down. Trailer has a couple of D-rings about a foot in from the backdoor and another pair about 3-4' ft. back from the front. That's all the tie down you got. Looks like a one rig deal to me. ???

We can add more d-rings if needed, thanks for the checking. No we need to measure rigs.

Maybe with skinny tires they will go. What is weight rating on the trailer? I know mine has 3500lb. axles and the trailer weighs about 3000lbs. its self. So you have 4000lbs. you can haul. Not a real big deal on a short trip but 2000 miles each way at double the cap. of the axles is bad. Going to look at a 53 foot wedge today so we might have room for 2 more rigs if that works out.

MAke sure adn check the cap on the trailer. If it has anything less then 6 lug axles no chance on it making it there and back.

Toddy

Matt O. said:
We can add more d-rings if needed, thanks for the checking. No we need to measure rigs.

No need for that. You just pull buggy #1 in and strap it to the front d rings, then pull buggy #2 in and strap it forward because the rigs will be tire to tire any way. You are basically just keeping them from going side to side. That is the way Nolen and I strap them down in his trailer, he only has 2 sets of d rings.

Toddy said:
Maybe with skinny tires they will go. What is weight rating on the trailer? I know mine has 3500lb. axles and the trailer weighs about 3000lbs. its self. So you have 4000lbs. you can haul. Not a real big deal on a short trip but 2000 miles each way at double the cap. of the axles is bad. Going to look at a 53 foot wedge today so we might have room for 2 more rigs if that works out.

MAke sure adn check the cap on the trailer. If it has anything less then 6 lug axles no chance on it making it there and back.

Toddy
pretty much, heath's old long ass trailer was good for 2 rigs space wise, but there was no way after the weight of the trailer that the axles had enough nuts (or tires/wheels) to support it. both buggies are prob 4K each loaded down to the hilt with **** and support equip/spares. 8K is the # to add to the trailer weight (go across a scales with the trailer tires on the scales, truck off the scales. This is the weight you are worried about )

Don't even think about hauling 2 rigs in the old trailer.It has 2 -3500 axles and you couldn't haul enough spare tires to get there.It's good for a rig and Rino or a couple 4 wheelers.OLDER AND WISER :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

ahhhh....good catch guys! I didn't even think about weight! Yep...1 rigger fo sho. BUT! On a bright note it handles my motorcycle without even a whimper! booyang booyang

Matt, I have a 24' enclosed Hallmark trailer with 5k axles. The trailer weighs 3200lbs so that would leave you 6400lbs of cargo. The only problem I see is getting 2 rigs end to end. I haul my Stock Mod rig and a Kawasaki Mule and there is only about 2' between them and another 2' between the rig and the back door. Take some measurement and get back to me.

WranglerSS said:
Matt, I have a 24' enclosed Hallmark trailer with 5k axles. The trailer weighs 3200lbs so that would leave you 6400lbs of cargo. The only problem I see is getting 2 rigs end to end. I haul my Stock Mod rig and a Kawasaki Mule and there is only about 2' between them and another 2' between the rig and the back door. Take some measurement and get back to me.

I agree. Assuming zero departure angles on both ends. 104 wheelbase and 40" tires:

104 + 20 + 20 = 144 is 12'0".

I think you will find the inside dimension of a trailer to be 3" less than the advertised lingth, as it is measured outside.

WranglerSS said:

10-4. Will do

blacksheep10 said:
KS crew might take a Dmax and rhino in the back and quad on a little trailer. Looks like 2 of us unless we can round up a dumbass for an extra $275 in gas money.
Miles and I will be rolling alone. Done it before, work all day, drive all night to texas, get hummer tires, drive all day back, unload trailer, go to KC, get motor, 2.5 days :woody: It will happen again. :woody:

:dunno:

Now the chances me heading that way with y'all are pushing more and more towards slightly likely. Have room for another pit bike? I will know more tonight after I talk to Pat. All I know can say about what I heard thru the grapevine is that coverage of KOH is going to be bad-ass... something about no KOH dvd this year---there's a different format on the table.

Have had a pretty bleak outlook with $$ being tight as hell. I may just cancel cable/internet to save $100 this next month and scrounge up the rest somehow.

You guys ever find a trailer? I bought a 53' wedge, now I need a truck to pull it.

Toddy

Toddy said:
You guys ever find a trailer? I bought a 53' wedge, now I need a truck to pull it.

Toddy

:eek: Dats a long girl right there !!

Toddy said:

Toddy

One ton diesel, drive at night.