• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aqualu Willys build

tubehead

I recently sold my trusty YJ. I had decided I was going to hold off a while before I built anything else but the very next day I get a text from a friend in Colorado. He had been working on his willys project for a few years and between area different things he had lost some interest. He asked if I would be interested and after a few hours thought I decided to go ahead and jump on it.

The build up to this point includes a Aqualu aluminum Willys tub, Throttle Down Kustoms frame rails, Chevy 60 front, 14 bolt rear, Sway-A-Way2.5x14" coil overs, 4.3,TH350, Atlas, Raceline's, 40" MTR's.

As of now I have sold the tires and wheels and so have a set of Trailready's on order, lowback PRP's on order and my PSC steering should be here today. I'm still up in the air about doing a V8 swap since right now the 4.3 is mounted but still needs wired and exhaust. The only real time frame I have is EJS 2017 but I would like to have it done by February.

I seem to spend too much time laying on a creeper looking at the underside of the jeep.

Just checking clearance for front upper links.

That's a great start for a build! Much better than building a buggy that looks like a playground jungle gym IMO.

Looking forward to seeing how it comes together.

A rig that sweet (and aluminum body) I'd seriously consider looking for an all aluminum 5.3 or LS1/6.

Prices have come down on those a bit since the all aluminum 6.0 and 6.2s are more available now.

Not sure if price is an issue for ya, but the 4.3 just seems to not do justice to this rig.

TBItoy said:
A rig that sweet (and aluminum body) I'd seriously consider looking for an all aluminum 5.3 or LS1/6.

Prices have come down on those a bit since the all aluminum 6.0 and 6.2s are more available now.

Not sure if price is an issue for ya, but the 4.3 just seems to not do justice to this rig.

I completely agree. I've had several rigs with 4.3's and have actually never had a V8. An aluminum 5.3 would be nice on this build. I'll probably start looking for one. The only downside to building this Jeep is I'm also building a house at the same time.

drool I looked at this rig on the other site and wanted it so bad going to be awesome when you get finished thumb.gif

Man the grill on a Willys is like a set of double d's on a hot chick, just freaking sweet, I say go against the grain and get a coyote engine. But I'm a ford man, awesome rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk