• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Attn: Wyatt

Drinking a Corona and fixing to check his Green Card. :flipoff1:

Hauled all the outdoor furniture into the garage at our house, and my father in laws. Had to do the same for my dads as he's in Kansas.

For work is another story. Since I run a 24 hour desk, with around the clock operations it is a logistical juggling match.

We had to decide between staying put, failing back to our local "DR" (Disaster Recovery site), or fail back to Folsom, CA. Our floor on our building in downtown should handle a Cat2 direct hit. But we'd probably end up at our local DR in a Cat 2 type situation, Cat 3 and up equals putting guys on planes for Cali. We opted to stay put.
The storm wont be much, but the flooding is what will get us. Houston hasn't had any decent rainfall for sometime, so our streets are full of trash, and our storm sewers are chock full of debris. 2-3"s in an hour or two and you'll need a kayak to check the mail. So I all of my day shift is staying at a 5 star hotel tonight and tomorrow, and my night shift will go grab rooms in the morning when they get off. So that way they arent out trying to fight the flooding going to and from work.

Hopefully this thing weakens, and we just get a ton of rain that drains quick.

No real worries on this one. Hell so far its been a good fire drill. Hope it stays that way.

it bobbled to the right early this am, and looks like for the most part Sugar Land will barely see the effects. Its pouring rain here now, but thats just a feeder band going over.

The east side of Houston is getting it though.

I do business day in and day out with a company called APPH in Houston, just shot my guy and email to make sure he hasnt floated away and Im going to get me parts ! laughing1

My side of town, its a total non-event. Granted its like 85 miles across Houston.

This is the 2nd near hit for us since Katrina. We had Rita that veared right before landfall, and now Eduardo. People will stop heeding the warning next time, and then we'll really get nailed. Houston is due, just part of living on the gulf coast.