• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Auto trans rebuilders

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So--the time is getting close to get a GOOD trans built for the dodge--not a rebuild because that won't hold up to more power.

Now I am going to post this over on the bomber site but figured I would also post it here.

So who should I stay away from?

There is a guy in Auburn that apperantly is the one that put the tugger kit together while working for transgo. He lists his business on Craigs list. I am getting mine built soon so i called him. Seemed to know his shiat. Just an FYI for ya. If you are going to hop it up, probably should check around. Not sure if Troyan in Canada builds Dodge trannys. That is who I am going to get to build up mine. I have his info if you are interested.

So--the time is getting close to get a GOOD trans built for the dodge--not a rebuild because that won't hold up to more power.

Now I am going to post this over on the bomber site but figured I would also post it here.

So who should I stay away from?

I'll be sure to :corn: ... That one will get exciting!:stirpot: :stirpot:

I'll be sure to :corn: ... That one will get exciting!:stirpot: :stirpot:

no shiat...

Rip @ Source automotive
DTT
Suncoast

Those would be the first 3 I'd look at. I'll be having a buddy build one for me, but I don't think he sells his trannies just yet...

I have a full billet ATS with a trans. commander. However, in this area just go to source and buy thier dunnright trans. 4 guys I know run their transmissions. Seem to hold up really well. Super smooth shifts also.

I bought a custom built trans for my Suburban from TRC in Kent. They built it to my specs and it was a strong mofo.
I interviewed with them for a Production Manager position so I got the inside tour of their facility, how they do things, their processes, and warranty. They have engine setups/dyno tester to test every trans they build right in the shop (including a diesel setup, I believe).
They build everything from stock imports to commericial apps.

http://www.transmissionrebuildcenter.com/

I bought a custom built trans for my Suburban from TRC in Kent. They built it to my specs and it was a strong mofo.
I interviewed with them for a Production Manager position so I got the inside tour of their facility, how they do things, their processes, and warranty. They have engine setups/dyno tester to test every trans they build right in the shop (including a diesel setup, I believe).
They build everything from stock imports to commericial apps.

http://www.transmissionrebuildcenter.com/

X2 on TRC. They do ALL of my transmission work here @ the shop, I buy 3-4 units from them a month. They also did my NV4500 and have done a couple of built auto's for me. They did autos for two different friends of mine, one a powerstroke and one a cummins and both are chipped and tow big trailers... did billet converter, all the upgraded internals, planetaries, etc. and both work great. If you're interested I can check on a price on one for you. (and get you my wholesle pricing)

J

ahhh I forgot about the ATS, but yea. Rip is about the only person out of all of the tranny builders that haven't had any problems at all with customers trucks, and he's awesome to deal with. Pretty much everyone I know that has gone to a regular tranny shop instead of a diesel specific shop has regreted it.. I'm sure it's fine for those that are slightly modified. I guess us other diesel guys just ask too much of the tranny.

X2 on TRC. They do ALL of my transmission work here @ the shop, I buy 3-4 units from them a month. They also did my NV4500 and have done a couple of built auto's for me. They did autos for two different friends of mine, one a powerstroke and one a cummins and both are chipped and tow big trailers... did billet converter, all the upgraded internals, planetaries, etc. and both work great. If you're interested I can check on a price on one for you. (and get you my wholesle pricing)

J

Sure--- go for it john so I can start getting a ball park idea on how much more $$$ i NEED:awesomework:

Go to Lee Myles in marysville, talk to Mike(owner), he has been building our performance trannys(DDP), we have had zero issues. He can build your trans to hold up to pretty much any power you want. Nice thing about it is he is local, you don't have to ship it out of country, and his customer service kicks ass. He has been around along time and really knows his stuff. Built trans is usually about $4000.

Last edited:

How many have you driven... Or driven back up???

definitely buy in the country... I spent two summers in highschool driving back and forth getting tranny's done, and its a complete pain in the ass crossing the boarder and all...

Last edited:
I've been to DTT a couple of times for work on other peoples rigs.. Never did have a problem. In and out in a day. Bill and his son know their schtuff too.

I've been to DTT a couple of times for work on other peoples rigs.. Never did have a problem. In and out in a day. Bill and his son know their schtuff too.

Thats besides the point--I am in the industry and I know how new **** fails----I don't wana deal with that.

Thats besides the point--I am in the industry and I know how new **** fails----I don't wana deal with that.

what do ya mean new? Out of all the names listed so far.. they've been doing Diesel trannys longer.. Unless you meant something else?

Yeah, Bill's been in the business the longest by far... His stuff isn't "new" by any means... Its just a pain in the ass to drive up and back for the little adjustments they some times need...

And i'm still waiting for your tranny thread over on the bombers... I want a good laugh:corn:

Yeah, Bill's been in the business the longest by far... His stuff isn't "new" by any means... Its just a pain in the ass to drive up and back for the little adjustments they some times need...

And i'm still waiting for your tranny thread over on the bombers... I want a good laugh:corn:

what do ya mean new? Out of all the names listed so far.. they've been doing Diesel trannys longer.. Unless you meant something else?

Yes--you guys have never seen NEW **** fail before? I have #'s of times and I don't want to chance that--Not saying DTT isn't good by any means. Plus I have one buddy who made I think "3" trips up there after they did his tranny and it had problems shifting at times...

I deal with this on the repair side and it sucks and its just the way it is--I aint traveling that far to have the possable chance of dealing with this---thats my point.

As for the other thread on bombers--don't need to now :awesomework: