• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Auto trans rebuilders

I still don't get what you mean by "new"..... We already told you Bill isn't anywhere new to this stuff... So are you talking about parts? You've really lost me. And yes, a LOT of people have to get adjustments done after an upgrade. Even doing a simple mod after the tranny work is done will throw everything off.. And sometimes even the first setup isn't quite right for what you do with the truck, how much power you have or what your driving style is like.

I still don't get what you mean by "new"..... We already told you Bill isn't anywhere new to this stuff... So are you talking about parts? You've really lost me. And yes, a LOT of people have to get adjustments done after an upgrade. Even doing a simple mod after the tranny work is done will throw everything off.. And sometimes even the first setup isn't quite right for what you do with the truck, how much power you have or what your driving style is like.

X2... I'm pretty lost on the whole "new" thing too...

Maybe "new" means, not mass produced, or chevy produced... Hmm....:fawkdancesmiley::stirpot:

As for the other thread on bombers--don't need to now :awesomework:

You still might want to ask... their are some pretty good people over there who can give you a different perspective that me and jeff can't give...

You still might want to ask... their are some pretty good people over there who can give you a different perspective that me and jeff can't give...

yea but I'll bet I could post word for word what each one of em would say :haha: . I honestly don't care who he goes with, as long as it's a diesel shop.

I paid 3 for mine, Its held up so far but I dont feel Its been fully tested yet AKA another race to the Hammers with a camper and trailer pig, and then up and over every little mountain pass Caryn saw on the map on the way home.

Another vote for Mike at Lee Myles in Marysville. He build's every auto transmission we have done with zero issues, and more importantly he build's among the best diesel tranny's in the business. I know he is the tranny builder for a few diesel shop's around, and like was said before, he has been around for year's and never an issue with warranty work. Through my talk's with him, the bad boy tranny run's in the high 3's.

new parts----you guys couldn't figure that out...

you guys have never seen NEW **** fail before? ya--ya know new parts

new parts----you guys couldn't figure that out...

you guys have never seen NEW **** fail before? ya--ya know new parts

sooooo, you're going to run used parts.........

None of the designs Bill uses are new, they have been tested longer then anyone on here even knew there was such a thing as diesel performance. AH well I give up, I'm just too slow to get it I guess :beer:

I'm not trying to talk you into Bill's stuff by any means. Mine will be by someone else.

He does? :eeek: , you mind naming a few?

As said by SNEAKYPETE, He build's all of thier tranny's (DDP), If he is the premier tranny builder for a shop like that, I'd probably say he's good enough. Aside from that he's built a couple hundred tranny's for us and zero issues there either. Would you mind naming a few reason's why he is not?

As said by SNEAKYPETE, He build's all of thier tranny's (DDP), If he is the premier tranny builder for a shop like that, I'd probably say he's good enough. Aside from that he's built a couple hundred tranny's for us and zero issues there either. Would you mind naming a few reason's why he is not?

If you read all of the reply's. I already said that I have heard good things about the guy that DDP uses even before Sneakypete posted.. I was just curious as to who you were talking about with that last statement. In the diesel competition world, Lenny is known for his injectors, cause they work awesome. But not his tranny guy.... That's why I asked

sooooo, you're going to run used parts.........

None of the designs Bill uses are new, they have been tested longer then anyone on here even knew there was such a thing as diesel performance. AH well I give up, I'm just too slow to get it I guess :beer:

I'm not trying to talk you into Bill's stuff by any means. Mine will be by someone else.

huh---I have no idea what your talking about

Here is my point----you buy something from a long distance off--it fails--you are stuck dealing with a bussiness thats a ways away--I refuse to deal on that level---because NEW **** FAILS!!!!

I have installed my fair share of performance trannys from pretty much every major name in the industry. From BD, to DTT, Nadp, Suncoast, Troyan, the list is long and Mike(Lee Myles) trannys have been on the money every time. He builds every tranny hands on, he is local, he knows his ****. He also knows how to fix every other "Perfomance Tranny shops ****" when they fail.

Mike,
You ever fix your transmission?
Got a buddy just wrecked his dodge. Has all the parts to do a 6spd manual conversion, if you are interested. (2001 diesel, 4x4)
Tony

Not yet--I decided to quickly pay it off (almost there) and just limp it along..

I will have to do some reading on the swap...

ddp recomends or did mike from leemyles in marysville, had the bad bitch dtt tranny and broke a output after 10 yrs of abuse and towing heavy loads. i was pleased with them. bought mikes tranny and in 3 days days broke the input shaft driving 35-45 rolling on the throttle. so i had him tear it back apart and now have billet input and output shafts. the tranny doesnt seem to want to kick down all the time and have to manually shift or put my foot through the floor. overdrive button takes a few tries sometimes. tranny feels strong just not as good as the canadians up north. dtt was 10K lee miles was 7300 with billet shafts

My dad and I use my ex girlfriends dad in woodinville ( I know I know) power shifts northwest. Name is Harry, good guy. Good prices and he loves cash. Just another option if you are interested.