• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Auto trans rebuilders

finished up another cummins trans today... we do diesels regularly.we just dont take pictures of them!..been there almost a year and have yet to have one come back..:awesomework:

finished up another cummins trans today... we do diesels regularly.we just dont take pictures of them!..been there almost a year and have yet to have one come back..:awesomework:

I wasn't pointing that at you guys. If he wanted to keep it local, I'd stick with you guys. I just know quite a few people in the area that were told by other shops that they could build a tranny to hold all the power you could throw at it. Didn't take long before they had issues with 300 HP..

Who's shafts do you guys use?

Strange didn't seem to thrilled to do my tranny in my dodge, I've been using seatac tranny for yrs never once had a tranny go back

Strange didn't seem to thrilled to do my tranny in my dodge, I've been using seatac tranny for yrs never once had a tranny go back

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't SeaTac trans only do rebuilds to stock?

I wasn't pointing that at you guys. If he wanted to keep it local, I'd stick with you guys. I just know quite a few people in the area that were told by other shops that they could build a tranny to hold all the power you could throw at it. Didn't take long before they had issues with 300 HP..

Who's shafts do you guys use?

im not sure about the shafts..i dont do the ordering of parts.there has only been a few customers that have wanted to pay for aftermarket shafts.and for most they are unnecesary.a DD tow rig with 350 legit HP doesnt need billet shafts..

SeaTac is a wholesale parts supplier to many of the trans shops up and down the Sound...they can get you just about anything you need or want IIRC...Didn't know they also built trannies...

SeaTac is a wholesale parts supplier to many of the trans shops up and down the Sound...they can get you just about anything you need or want IIRC...Didn't know they also built trannies...

Ya when I was in bellevue we used them all the time for OEM service parts and even got a few rebuilt units from them..

im not sure about the shafts..i dont do the ordering of parts.there has only been a few customers that have wanted to pay for aftermarket shafts.and for most they are unnecesary.a DD tow rig with 350 legit HP doesnt need billet shafts..

It's been done, but you're right, it's rare. Most do it just in case they eventually want more. The output is easy to add at any time. The input isn't.

So I am talking with a shop that a allot of guys have used up north in Arlington that can build my trans to the specs I have been looking at..

So I am talking with a shop that a allot of guys have used up north in Arlington that can build my trans to the specs I have been looking at..

Call TRC in Kent, 253 872 8200. Talk to Jim. Tell him I referred you. Give him your specs of what you want and see what they can do.

I wouldnt use the guy that been refered to a half dozen times that is resonable and kick ass to deal with.

Nope, I just woulndt do it. Way to econimical and sensible. :rolleyes:

So after a number of calls I am pulling the trans this week and taking it up north---finally going to happen.....