• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Automtive Technician Tools

I have no comment on tool boxes. :rolleyes:

A ****in AC cobra will still burn out, even if you keep it in the wood shed.

A tool box over a grand is ****in stupid.

Most folks I know with tool truck problems only spend big money cuz there wife thinks they need new tools for work to make more money, of course.

I have good tools, but let some chump eat the truck price before I bought them for dirt cheap.

I will not knock the quality of tool truck stuff VS cheapies, but cmon that **** on the truck is WAY over priced compared to normal good quality tools.

If you think you wifes 5K+ diamond ring is stupid, ask her what she thinks of your tool box with your name engraved on the tag.

Mechanics jewlery is all it is.:bling:

I have no comment on tool boxes. :rolleyes:

A ****in AC cobra will still burn out, even if you keep it in the wood shed.

A tool box over a grand is ****in stupid.

Most folks I know with tool truck problems only spend big money cuz there wife thinks they need new tools for work to make more money, of course.

I have good tools, but let some chump eat the truck price before I bought them for dirt cheap.

I will not knock the quality of tool truck stuff VS cheapies, but cmon that **** on the truck is WAY over priced compared to normal good quality tools.

If you think you wifes 5K+ diamond ring is stupid, ask her what she thinks of your tool box with your name engraved on the tag.

Mechanics jewlery is all it is.:bling:

I agree with you brad for the most part, but in our profession there are many times where you need that tool now, and can't go lookin' for that tool used, and that's where they getcha'...:5bitch:... Any time I see used top brand tools that I know I need and will use at work, yeah I buy...:cool:
Brad, I thought you had no comment...:fawkdancesmiley::haha:
It's just JOOP's comment on the Kobalts being the same as the brand name; I know they are night and day in quality...Granted they (brand name co's) also build a more economic box for those that can't/won't buy the top tier boxes---and in my experience they are no better than the Lowes/HD/Sears boxes---so at that point I say buy the less expensive boxes from the box stores!!! Again, good starter or home boxes--:awesomework:

You've got a few years of wrenching on me, wrenching is only my profession again for a short while, its your career. I did also trade in my old tech 1000 toward it, 5k is just what's left.:redneck:
That was my down payment :haha:

I'm sorry, but Kobalt does not even compare...:eeek: IMO for a starter box or home box, they are fine...
As stated before, go check out CL, or even the local pawns---some really good deals can be had for a complete box full of almost everything needed to get ya started....:awesomework:

Have you checked out those stainless boxes they have?? Dude they are pretty nice and pretty well built. Don't look at their black or blue boxes, they are cheap POS. I'll spend the $6-800 on a Kobalt roll around before I spend $5+k on a matco.

I think what you buy depends on the guy driving the truck. I bought exclusively from the Mac truck because he dropped by consistently, he was honest about what was crap and we could barter with him. I bought a box real cheap because someone ordered the box lost their job and he was stuck with it so he pushed me for about two months until finally he made me the right deal. I've only met one Snap-on guy that wasn't a worthless douche who claimed that they were the end all be all.

You've got a few years of wrenching on me, wrenching is only my profession again for a short while, its your career. I did also trade in my old tech 1000 toward it, 5k is just what's left.:redneck:

Just givin ya **** youngan :fawkdancesmiley:

I won't say how much my box cost :haha: And I am going to upgrade here in the next year :awesomework:

Craftsman are fine for seconds and trail tools. X2 on the pro series wrenches being good starter tools. Don't borrow anyones snap-on wrenches unless you plan on starting an account soon, thats how I got started spending half my pay on tools.:mad:

Just givin ya **** youngan :fawkdancesmiley:

I won't say how much my box cost :haha: And I am going to upgrade here in the next year :awesomework:

I'll take a guess of 11g's :flipoff:

The one I was looking at was a 3 bay stealth flat black with black chrome handles. $5500 :mad:

I just hate paying the tool guy forever

Its not forever with my good trade in it'll be all mine after 3 years of $34 a week:kissmyass:
I'll take a guess of 11g's :flipoff:

The one I was looking at was a 3 bay stealth flat black with black chrome handles. $5500 :mad:

I just hate paying the tool guy forever

I agree with the salesman on the truck, Ive been dealin with same snap-on man since i started and he's a straight up guy, he gives me deals when he can and is very consistant! Hell i must be hooked cuz even my wheelin set is snap-on!

Its not forever with my good trade in it'll be all mine after 3 years of $34 a week:kissmyass:

Yeh.. I just don't like the idea of paying that damn long. Hell I hate financing tools. But I keep my self at a limit each time. Then when one is paid off I get another. Like right now.. All new air tools, almost paid off though:mad:

I started with pretty much all craftsman, Now 3 years later most of it is snap-on and mac. Most of the craftsman stuff is home now or in the trail rig box..
Once you use the good stuff, its hard to go back..

Have you checked out those stainless boxes they have?? Dude they are pretty nice and pretty well built. Don't look at their black or blue boxes, they are cheap POS. I'll spend the $6-800 on a Kobalt roll around before I spend $5+k on a matco.

Yup, seen 'em in person :awesomework:...and I stand by my statement earlier...:; They aren't a bad box, for what they are... I'd buy one for home if I didn't already have my 20+ yr old snappy...
Go check out HOW the different boxes are built---you will see the difference even on the internet!!!:redneck:

Sometimes we get some nice Stanley boxes on base. I know, stanley right? Yep, nice commercial grade stuff. Looks just like they are made by the same guys that makem for the tool trucks.

The military uses alot of S&K and snappy aswell. Look for it at online auctions.

All great info.
Unfortunatley yes a lube tech is what I wll be, but "entry level automotive technician" is a nice way to church it up.:flipoff:

I talked with the shop owner today and she said that I am not required to start with a fully stocked tool box. They are pretty laid back there. She said I can use the shop owned tools for starters, if i want to start a good quality collection of tools from there snap-on guy.

For some reason I feel I may make the investment for some high quality chrome man jewlery.

All great info.
Unfortunatley yes a lube tech is what I wll be, but "entry level automotive technician" is a nice way to church it up.:flipoff:

I talked with the shop owner today and she said that I am not required to start with a fully stocked tool box. They are pretty laid back there. She said I can use the shop owned tools for starters, if i want to start a good quality collection of tools from there snap-on guy.

For some reason I feel I may make the investment for some high quality chrome man jewlery.

I worked at a lube place when I was in highschool till I went into the GM ASEP program... We all have to start someplace...

I was actually an apprentice plumber but just got layed off. I will be getting into law enforcment in five years but I have to find somthing in the mean time. I have a lot of mechanic skills and the job is available. I will be taking a 50% pay cut but a job is a job. I am just done with plumbing.

Latest posts