• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Automtive Technician Tools

the tool truck drivers consistency is my main reason for who i buy from. so most of all my tools are mac and sk. we are unforntunate and have had repeated bad snap-on drivers who only show once a month or so. the local sk driver is a good dude and fellow wheeler so thats who gets the bulk of my coin. jeepindarin knows who he is. i was fortunate and inherited a rather kick ass tool selection, so thankfully i dont go broke buying tools.

Yes i do know who he is, Steve is a good guy and takes good care of his customers and we bs about jeepin all the time :awesomework:

the tool truck drivers consistency is my main reason for who i buy from. so most of all my tools are mac and sk.

This, would be why there isn't a snap-on tool in my rollaway at school. The guy that does their school distributing is a flake unless you want to drop serious coin. You spend 3 grand and you'll have your **** the next day, buy one thing and you'll be waiting anywhere from a week to a month. One guy ended up waiting an entire quarter for some of his tools. The fact I don't care for the feel of most of them and even with a student discount they're still more expensive than Matco or Craftsman doesn't help either.

If you plan to buy ratchet wrenches or regular ratches check out the play between the gears. I have noticed that with alot of the newer craftsmen stuff is that the gears are far apart so it can be a bitch if your in a tight area when tightening or loosening something. Just my $.02 :awesomework:

Last time I was at Sears I had overheard the sales associate telling a customer that if you break your craftsmen tool it has to be sent back somewhere and they send you a craftsmen tool that is NOT made in the USA, it is actually made in like China. Not sure if this is true or not but its just what I overheard.

It's all about tooth count with ratchets. Craftsman are 36 tooth IIRC, where Mac/Matco/Snapon sell ones ranging from 88 I think it is on up, I'm pretty sure Snap-On has one that is well over 100 tooth.

the best thing to do is get on cl .. 2 yrs ago i bought 25 grand in tools for 1200 .. it was nice ... the next day i bought a snap-on rollaway for 1500 that was 7400 new .. lots of deals ya just gotta find em when ya got coin

haven't read all the post but will put in my 2 cents.

for the beginner. find one of the tool trucks that sell grey pneumatic. they are lifetime warrantied impacts. buy 3/8 at first and get the adapters to use your half in gun on them hence the warranty. I noticed home depot was selling airtools with a life time warranty. sounds better than the tool trucks one year. for 3 times the price. check put ntx.tools website. they seem to have the best price on specialty tools since otc and lisle seem to make alot of the snap-on matco mac and cornwell stuff. nothing beats quality but start with inexpensive lifetime guaranteed stuff and take it home when your income allows for the good stuff. you should be able to tell by my spelling that i turn wrenches for a living.

Latest posts