• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Cheap place to go Snowboarding

Got to agree with paul on this, angle fire NM is overlooked a lot! You can almost always find a ski and stay package for under 150 a night! Thats ski in ski out with lift, room, and a pretty decent breakfast. Also the way the mountain is set up, there is a big terain park at the top, then 2 smaller parks at the base of each side. So you can still run the mountain and get a run through the parks rather than one lift feeding the park over and over.

Anything in the tahoe area is great! But the past couple years have been bad as far as snow pack goes.

Really liked brighton in UT, your day lift also included night sking. Went to the canyons, and felt its way over priced! 100$ lift tickets and there is no way you would ever use all of those lifts in one day!! May be ok for a multi day trip, but not worth the money in my opinon.

Big sky Mantana... Don't know if its cheap but its bad ass. Go anywhere in the real mountain states where you can go above tree line and carve some fresh pow and you will love it. Hell with riding parks I would rather bomb chest deep fresh snow any day.

Jhouser said:
Going back to steamboat for this trip. Hope to check out some of these other places in the years to come. thumb.gif

Breck has got to be one of the cheapest places to go seeing how they run some ridiculous deals on Flights to Denver. Last time is was like $200 round trip with southwest!

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Breck has got to be one of the cheapest places to go seeing how they run some ridiculous deals on Flights to Denver. Last time is was like $200 round trip with southwest!

Breck was a little cheaper but we are going for a long weekend so I like being able to fly into Steamboat and take a shuttle to the condo and anywhere else you want to go that way you don't have to rent a car or do any driving while you are there. So you can :drinkers: at dinner and not have to worry about anything. thumb.gif

Brundage! http://brundage.com/ Way cheaper than the places listed here, great pow, really nice resort. Might cost more to travel into though. You would fly into Boise, and it seems they drop another flight every year…Brundage is about 2.5 hours from there. Its very laid back and friendly atmosphere.

I have to recommend Brighton just outside of SLC too. That's probably the best, cheapest, easy to access place I know. Also, will agree with the guys that said Montana and NM too (Angel Fire and Taos).