• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best credit report website?

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
Thought it was mentioned on here in another thread but couldn't remember, but I need to view my credit report. My friend at the local bank said I had 4 unpaid medical bills roughly around $100 a piece that is fawking with my credit score. But he couldn't see a number or company name of whom I owed. I want to pay them off asap so i will be eligible for a low interest rate when we buy a house next year - plus I don't like owing anybody money. I had so many bills after my bike wreck, I couldn't keep up with it all. I just want to pull one detailed credit report and see exactly who I owe. I don't care about purchasing a subscription to any of them's service. Also is there some that lets you view your credit report without actually "running" it and pinging your credit score?

www.annualcreditreport.com is the only one to use, it's the one required by .gov and is free, no bullshit. you get one free per year there from each of the big three (transunion, equifax and whoever the third one is). they don't provide your numeric score but that's not really important to you here.

I suggest going directly to the big three reporting agencies, you get one free report from each once every 12 months. You could get them all at once or space them throughout the year. Also, how long ago do you think this debt is from or last paid on? If it's been a certain number of years it could hurt you more by bringing them current, if you're wanting to buy within a year. It may not hurt you if you pay them off, you'd need to get some good advice from an actual mortgage agent. Also changing things with insurance and banks can hurt your score. Biggest thing is once you get approved, don't make any changes until after you close. Those unpaid items need to be paid off soon, but I'd find out if it's going to help or hurt you with this purchase first.

I use credit karma. It isn't dead on as far as score wise but it's close. It does provide you with all of the collection information. You can google from that and find a number to call and settle the debt.

A little back story... i went through a nasty divorce back in 2012. We had a new house in both our names but only me on the loan. She got the house in the devorce and defaulted on it. Bad strike #1 on my credit. We had another piece of land and house that i was awarded and we were both on the note on that one. She ****ed around and wouldn't sign a quit claim so i would make the payment on it every 2 months if not 3. Just enough to keep it out of foreclosure. Big hit #2 on my credit! It was also ****ing with her's was the only reason i did this. And finally im not proud of but i quit paying my student loans for a bit. Paid up now but that was hit#3 on my credit. Why am i saying all this? Well by signing up with credit karma i could see what needed paid and what tips i needed to get my score back up to where i could build a new house, which I am doing now. Ive raised my score over 200 points in little over a year, there is a graph on there that will show you your history. Hope that novel helps lol.

Re:

The medical bills are from 2010 when I had my bad motorcycle wreck. I have called around to all the physicians I could remember that worked on me and I owe none of them so far out of the one's I've got in touch with. Apparently my old prosthetic care doctor is closed down now. One of my leg surgeons disappeared somehow. I just need to figure out who to pay for those 4 bills. Pisses me off that $400 is all thats fawking with y credit score. He said I could probably still get the home loan no problem, just maybe not on something low like 3.5%. I want to refinance my current house on a 3.5% loan for 15 years too instead of it's crrent 5% for 30 years. But can do that after we buy the new house.

mr.mindless said:
www.annualcreditreport.com is the only one to use, it's the one required by .gov and is free, no bullshit. you get one free per year there from each of the big three (transunion, equifax and whoever the third one is). they don't provide your numeric score but that's not really important to you here.

This sounds like what I need as long as it will give some sort of contact info to whom my outstanding bills are owed to.

Just looked at mine on credit karma and my equifax score shows who I owe medical payments to.

I am trying to work with ins to figure out why I owe but it was turned over to collections.

Shows who I owe and orignal creditor.

JohnG said:
I use Credit Karma, but it does not delve deep enough for Josh to get the names he is seaking.

Hmm i can click "collections" on mine and it shows everything. I still have a medical bill on mine from the ex wife i still haven't paid and it shows who owns it now and how much it is.

mr.mindless said:

x2

Welp, annualcreditreport.com answered my questions. The first credit provider, can't remember the name, only had 1 bill listed. Transunion had 5 listed including the one from previous credit site, and Equifax only had 4 of the 5 Transunion had.

I had the 4 that averaged around $100 a piece that my banker friend told me about, then a fawking $475 bill on top of that! Dammit!

$91
$104
$104
$102
$475

= $876 grand total.

Gotta get that **** paid off. Got all the collector's info, will start paying them bitches off. Glad to have found that website. Thanks all! :drinkers:

Re:

Good to know now though. Usually if you contact them, after being paid off, they'll drop the late payment info off of your report. Check again and keep on them until they do it. Don't trust that they will.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Good to know now though. Usually if you contact them, after being paid off, they'll drop the late payment info off of your report. Check again and keep on them until they do it. Don't trust that they will.

The company I owe?

Re:

Correct. They report, and can amend their report. I had some cards opened up in my name. Had to pay the damned things off and have them amend their reports to reflect the 90 day no payment.

Re:

Yes ask for it to be paid in full even of you settle for a lessor amount. They will usually settle for less than the debt owed and will wipe off negative on credit report.

TacomaJD said:
Welp, annualcreditreport.com answered my questions. The first credit provider, can't remember the name, only had 1 bill listed. Transunion had 5 listed including the one from previous credit site, and Equifax only had 4 of the 5 Transunion had.

I had the 4 that averaged around $100 a piece that my banker friend told me about, then a fawking $475 bill on top of that! Dammit!

$91
$104
$104
$102
$475

= $876 grand total.

Gotta get that **** paid off. Got all the collector's info, will start paying them bitches off. Glad to have found that website. Thanks all! :drinkers:

If they are over seven years old they aren't hurting your score unless the collection has been sold since origination.

Equifax should generally be most accurate as its location in Atlanta typically means most businesses east of the Mississippi report to them.

As well if you make contact and don't pay off entirety of collection, status can change from inactive to active and your 7 year countdown restarts.

If they are over 7 years and haven't been sold, and are inactive, you may want to talk to a professional to get expert opinion on disputing them to get their removal.

Again, I'm no expert as I understand some things can do more harm than good.

Just remember each one costs your score 70 points the first year, then diminishes 10 points each year until they no longer hurt your score.

Another major detail is how many accounts and in what standing (category) they are in.

Also shoot for your monthly balance on all revolving credit to not exceed 29% of your total revolving credit limit.

Annual credit report every 4 months and pull from different agency each time.

Any financial institution you owe money to, can pull your history and score without exceeding your 2 "free" hard inquiry's for the year.

On status, it says all of them were updated last year except for the 1 $475 bill and it was updated in 2011. All bills were incurred in 2010 when my wreck took place. So even on the $475 bill updated in 2011, it's still got a while before it dissappears.

I may just pay off the 4 smaller one that are about $100 a piece, and let the $475 bill stay on to see if it diminishes in a couple years.

I just read where lenders have marked the line for credit score at a minimum of 580 to receive a lower interest rate such as 3.5%. I think he said mine is currently like 660 or something. I may can get what I need like I am currently. But I may still pay off those 4 small bills and leave that other $475 outstanding unless it causes me further problems.