• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best credit report website?

Re:

Not to jump too far into your business, but pay it all off. Are you gonna chance $475 costing you potential thousands to tens of thousands in the future. In 2-3 years, with all this gone. You should be in the mid to high 700's.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Not to jump too far into your business, but pay it all off. Are you gonna chance $475 costing you potential thousands to tens of thousands in the future. In 2-3 years, with all this gone. You should be in the mid to high 700's.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

If it rolls off next year without being updated 2011-2018 = 7 years, then I won't have to pay it. But if it doesn't roll off, I'll go ahead and pay it to get it gone. If the 7 year mark was further out, I'd probably go ahead and pay it, but since it's just next year, might as well wait. and see if I can save my nearly $500. It's with a different collector than all the others.

TacomaJD said:
If it rolls off next year without being updated 2011-2018 = 7 years, then I won't have to pay it. But if it doesn't roll off, I'll go ahead and pay it to get it gone. If the 7 year mark was further out, I'd probably go ahead and pay it, but since it's just next year, might as well wait. and see if I can save my nearly $500. It's with a different collector than all the others.

IMO, if you owe it, pay it, that is the proper thing to do. If you don't owe, then fight it on your credit report.

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

JohnG said:
IMO, if you owe it, pay it, that is the proper thing to do. If you don't owe, then fight it on your credit report.

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

I was supposed to have a $2k out of pocket max with my insurance and the debt collectors stopped calling after I had shelled out around $4k, so I figured I had everybody satisfied then....but apparently not. I don't feel like I owe any of it! :rolf:

TacomaJD said:
I was supposed to have a $2k out of pocket max with my insurance and the debt collectors stopped calling after I had shelled out around $4k, so I figured I had everybody satisfied then....but apparently not. I don't feel like I owe any of it! :rolf:

That is the game they play. I am in the same situation paying little things down and getting my credit in a spot for a better rate when I buy a house next year. A few years back I had an urgent care visit that I paid for or so I thought. Just a few months ago a collections notice apparently showed up on my report so I inquired about it. Didn't catch it until the last week or two. Turns out insurance didn't cover some of my visit like they were supposed to on the initial bill. Shortly after that incident, I moved. Either I didn't get the bills forwarded to me or my mom tossed them because my mail was going to her house at the time. Debt was sold to collections and, surprise $385 that is dinging my score. Paying that **** ASAP and having them remove the collection from my report. It blows but it happens more often than not.

TacomaJD said:

Then you should contact your insurance company (you had at the time if different) and have them give you all itemized bills and an explanation of all charges, and what you paid toward the out of pocket, deductables, and co-pay costs. If it is not yours, get their help to get it corrected. If you have legitimate unpaid bills, then man up and pay them.

In my ordeal, my deductables are $600.00, which I have easily met. The co-pays never stop, at least $50+ a week depending on doctors visits. My max out of pocket is $6,000.00, and as of today I have paid $3,444.21. But, even if I get to the $6,000.00 out of pocket, the co-pays still apply. I am sure all insurance policies are different. But, I know Blue Cross has people to assist policy holders with getting their bills straight.