• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

best replacement vp44 ?

RusM

Friends dodge just ate an injection pump, what's the best replacement? Also should he get a new computer or just use the old one?:corn:

Friends dodge just ate an injection pump, what's the best replacement? Also should he get a new computer or just use the old one?:corn:

No reason to get a computer for it. But he will need a lift pump. I got both my VP44 and lift pump from Thorough Bread diesel. Go with the FASS DDR lift pump.

the best one is probably blue tech, i did a lot of research when i had a 24 valve but never bought one (no issue) my friend got a hot rod pump industrial injection and had good luck too

if you run waste oil or waste atf ect almost no one will continue the warranty if you have an issue

Got the blue chip special x pump here. Awesome customer support n basically wrote the book on troubleshooting the vp44. Super easy to install did it myself in 3hours. Looking forward to the extra 2-4mpg gain

Start mixing supertech tc-w3 oil with the fuel, get a fuel pressure gauge and big lift pump (talking to your friend). Than you are set and will likely not have to replace either ever again.