• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bonneville Bound Speedweek 2010

P said:
400mph has got to be something to see / hear.... wow :woot:

they failed to back it up this morning. Saw the chutes pop as they entered Mile 3.

We are testing a timing light and zip tying it to the dash this morning so I have a tach. If that doesn't work I'm goigto start making GPS passes and shifting based on speed. We know the rpms by speed, but they don't account for slippage/spin. Should be ok for the slow speed passes we hope. Prepping the warm the car right now.

Lined up to make the first pass which by now i'm sure has happened. :****:

Picture003.jpg

Wyatt Pemberton Well to report I had a lackluster run, turned out before the mile, no need for pulling the chutes got to 70 and killed it. Hopefully Fedex will be here by 4 with my tach. Trying to drive off GPS MPH is ra'tarded!

His post from Face Book damnit

Yep 1st pass was ****!

The damn magneto throws off so much RF we can't get a tach signal to save our asses with an electric tach. So we had FedEx over night us a mechanical one. My mag has a mechanical tach output so it should be plug and play this afternoon.

So my 1st run. motor is a finicky bitch but starts right up in line. But died on the startline. Fired right back up, and the pusher took me up to 50-55 when I started to let the clutch out and pull away. The throttle is a suicidal lightswitch and I think I over revved, lost traction, lifted, got it back in check then matted it again breaking free a 2nd time I clutched it and killed it at 70 or so. Coasting I tried to restart twice before turning out.
Really really sucked. And when I killed it with no tach the only way I knew it wasn't running was I had no pedal. Car is so loud going down the track and with the motor behind you, and helmeted up you can't hear ****.

Dammit boy, I guess you weren't able to make test runs before you got on the salt :flipoff1:.

Do me a favor put a piece of duck/duct tape on the front and see if it's really 200 mph approved. thumb.gif

tach showed up it was junk. Looked awesome, mechanical drive worked but the tach itself had been robbed of one set of gears off the pinion gear. so it didn't work. Rare **** is all I got to say.

If you'd asked me yesterday about Racepak I'd tell you screw that junk. We had not been able to get ours to work (tach wise) or any other electical tach. Well after the realization of installing mechanical tach and it not working I went and tracked down the Racepak guy that sold me mine. He sent over tech support and the owner of the co. They brainstormed ( owner smart sumbee) came up with a solution and fixed our ****.
Then had a handful of things they say need changes to optimal performance. Well they leave, then 30 minutes later show up with some parts we would need and would never find without time and likely in Houston. rare as **** mallery coil and solid coil wire that fits that coil but also our rare as **** and odd Mallery mag.
Needless to say. I'm single Racepaks graves right now.

Tomorrow my runs resume. We may have a Hilborne mechanical fuel pump problem, bit won't know until I take it out again.

kid rok said:
Do me a favor put a piece of duck/duct tape on the front and see if it's really 200 mph approved. thumb.gif

HAHAHAHAH, fuggin awesome ! And yes please ! :driving:

Better luck today Wyatt, we need some 200mph runs to blow the rest the hair off your head ! :dblthumb:

Duct tape is every faster than 200. It is seriously sold and labeled as speedtape as well.

Today is a new day. I type this from a shitter on the salt wathing the sun come up. We got a new game plan. Will be warming the car shortly and heading for the start line

InDaShop said:
Duct tape is every faster than 200. It is seriously sold and labeled as speedtape as well.

Today is a new day. I type this from a shitter on the salt wathing the sun come up. We got a new game plan. Will be warming the car shortly and heading for the start line
You show that turd who's boss!

Get it son!

Ok I give. I have never been a facebooker but I signed up this morning so i can get some updates.

PROBLEM is I can't find Wyatt's facebook account to look at it.

HELP! :wtflol:

Thanks got it.

I must have been spelling it wrong cause once Bones called me a Silly-Ass I found him :****: :wtflol:. Request sent. hopefully he does not see it cause he is making a record pass!!