• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Boot Thread

matth_85 said:
For work I have the Durango Rebel waterproof steel toes. They were the only steel toes I found that fit my foot well towards the toe. They are a square toe. Also, they aren't bulky like most steel toes are. Other than the weight, they are comfortable boots. I don't wear them unless I am on site somewhere though.

The Rebels I have are not steel toe. I had one pair that was steel toe but they were a bit small so I gave them to a friend. The two pair I do have are by far the lightest boots i've ever owned. Seriously almost feels like your barefooted. Like walking on a cloud of flashemifyougotem.

Keen steel toes at work. vasque for hiking or in the buggy. Carolina logger boots for working in the woods. Justins square toes for casual or in the shop. I wear boots so much I look forward to weather when I can wear flops anytime I can. Wheeled in flops one day in Moab last yr, I was in heaven ;D

Doc Martens at work... Nothing I've found holds up better and at the end of the day my feet don't hurt.

Outside of work: Ol scuffed up favorites: Ariat. But, I've got dan post, more ariats, and I just got a pair of Luchesse gator skins while they look good they've been hell to break in.

I'm gonna have to try a few of these brands I've never heard of. I've tried every brand that acadamy/dicks carries and I'm on my 2nd set of ariats now. I like everything about the ariats except how hard they feel. I had one pair of ariats that I wore while I was working on heavy equiptment for a living and was constantly in mud/lime/coal/sand and they got abused bad but we're the most comfortable things in the world. When I took them off they just slouched, so wore out they wouldn't wven stand up! One day I out them on and they were too small. Went and bought another pair of ariats, idk which model there square toe with the redish upper and there real nice but I feel like there gonna take 3 years to break In :(

Ariat Rambler's with some orange Superfeet insoles. Wear em all day every day. 2 years in and they're just about needing new soles. Couldn't keep soles on my Twisted X's for more than a few months at a time. Had Ariats in the past and had just as good luck out of em.

Lots of Doc Martens wearers on here I gotta watch what I say from now on I didn't realize they was so many lesbians on here:-[

Had one set of Double H for about 5 years now the best I have ever had on my feet, my work boots never lasted more than a 1.5 years because of the diesel fuel and oil. The company gave us 300$ to buy boots and warm clothes a year but the good laceup redwings that was still made in the USA and that was goretex was over 200$ so that didn't leave much to buy bibs and coats.

24e8997917cb37561debaad71f093fbc.jpg

I've got a pair of Rocky square toes that are some of the most comfortable boots I've ever wore. They just haven't lasted like Id expect. I am almost due for a new pair at work so once that time rolls around I'll probably let them buy me some Ariats and give them a try.

For work I have been in Chippewa's. They are the only ones I have found so far that do not leak even if I'm standing ankle deep in water all day.

BenFowler said:
For work I have been in Chippewa's. They are the only ones I have found so far that do not leak even if I'm standing ankle deep in water all day.

I had a pair of water proof ariats that were legit water proof. I've stood in water so deep I had to walk slow to keep it from sloshing in and I stayed dry all day (~8 hours)

hokie_yj said:
I have 3 pairs of Ariats, 2 pairs of Rockys, 2 pairs of DoubleH, 2 pairs of Durango Rebels, and 1 pair of Corrals. (Yes I'm worse than a woman with boots, but they're pretty much the only type of shoes I put on my feet.) Luckily we have an awesome store here that sells close out and factory defect, and also used shoes. That's where most of my boots come from. I've never paid more that $90 for a pair of boots there and they were in like new condition.

Some of those are work boots, some are nicer boots. I just throw a pair on based on my mood and what I'm wearing. If I ranked them in comfort it would be Ariat, Durango, Double H, Rocky, and then Corral. It's so close it's hard to pick though.

At work we're not allowed to wear slip on boots because some idiot twisted their ankle in slip on boots 20 years ago and my company is the king of "blanket" safety policies. They provide our boots though and I usually get 2 pair per year. I go back and forth between Timberland Pros and Keens. The Timberlands are a little more comfortable, but the soles don't hold up as good. My last pair the sole split all the way across right under the balls of my feet. A lot of that may have to do with the fact that I work in a chemical plant. Stuff just deteriorates the soles.

Keen Utility Mid is my favorite. The Keens are comfortable and have plenty of tread for the weekends. I used to wear Rockys for work. They suck in the woods too no grip.

I don't care how long they last I just want something comfortable while standing on concrete all damn day long.

I've been wearing these Ga boots for somtime now. Only complaint is my foot get sweaty, then my feet get so dam cold it hurts. I have to change socks regularly. Horseshit! First pair of boots I've had like this..

I have a pair of handmade Elephant boots I got out in Texas and they were the most uncomfortable boots I ever put on. I literally got them for 1/10th of the new price and the guy said to just keep wearing them and that would change and sure enough 2 years later they are the most comfortable pair of boots I own, best 100 bucks I ever spent.