• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Boot Thread

I've been considering trying a pair of Keens. I've worked at the same place for 19 years and they give us a $125 toward safety shoes every year. I always come out of pocket well over that because you can't buy a decent pair for that, and I won't put a price on my comfort. I've tried just about all of em and within 6 months my feet, knees, and back are usually telling me it's time for a new pair so I end up buying another pair out of my own pocket just to be comfortable. Timberlands are about the only boot i'll buy, but you have to get a model that has the "30 day comfort guarantee". Not all of em have it.
This time around I went with a pair of Carhartts. Haven't worn them to work yet, just in the garage a couple times and out & about, but so far I really like them. I guess it boils down to your personal preference & what your feet can handle. I'm flat footed so it's difficult to find comfortable shoes for me. I've been told the Doc Martins are the most uncomfortable boot out there but I haven't personally tried them, fwiw... I've also tried spending 50 bucks on the "good" Dr Scholls inserts and they were terrible. Couldn't stand to even keep them in for a whole day they hurt my feet so bad. Good thread, good info :dblthumb:

I wanna know what everybody uses for socks. I hate socks. There so damn exapensive. I hate the ones I have but keep buying the same ones? I need something soft, thick but not realy thick like wool or anything and to actually last!

Re:

A girl got me some alpaca socks. They're pretty thick but if they made a little lighter version they would be tits!

Snap on socks, buddy of mine is a dealer and gave a bunch of us some socks for Christmas. They don't stretch out or bunch up. Try em

Re: Re: Boot Thread

xjtony said:
Snap on socks, buddy of mine is a dealer and gave a bunch of us some socks for Christmas. They don't stretch out or bunch up. Try em
I like my snap on socks. Have 2 pair

I also broke down about 5 years ago and bought some merino wool medium and light weight hiking socks (redhead brand) and have been 100% worth the money.

Pock said:
I've been considering trying a pair of Keens. I've worked at the same place for 19 years and they give us a $125 toward safety shoes every year. I always come out of pocket well over that because you can't buy a decent pair for that, and I won't put a price on my comfort. I've tried just about all of em and within 6 months my feet, knees, and back are usually telling me it's time for a new pair so I end up buying another pair out of my own pocket just to be comfortable. Timberlands are about the only boot i'll buy, but you have to get a model that has the "30 day comfort guarantee". Not all of em have it.
This time around I went with a pair of Carhartts. Haven't worn them to work yet, just in the garage a couple times and out & about, but so far I really like them. I guess it boils down to your personal preference & what your feet can handle. I'm flat footed so it's difficult to find comfortable shoes for me. I've been told the Doc Martins are the most uncomfortable boot out there but I haven't personally tried them, fwiw... I've also tried spending 50 bucks on the "good" Dr Scholls inserts and they were terrible. Couldn't stand to even keep them in for a whole day they hurt my feet so bad. Good thread, good info :dblthumb:

Find somewhere you can try on a set of Keens. I first tried on a pair of new balance steel toe shoes that looked pretty good, but immediately didn't like them and I wear regular new balance shoes pretty much every weekend. I tried on these Keens and didn't even take em off, threw my shoes in the Keen shoe box and wore em out of the store and the rest of the day. Best work shoes I've had to date.

Try and find a good insole. Ones we get at work are 50 bucks but make most boots feel like tennis shoes. I know you can get fitted for custom insoles too.

I bought some $30 insoles for my old boots and it made them stink so bad they stay outside.

Re:

Snap-on socks and Redback boots they are Australian...I just bought the boots and they broke in extremely quick...I got the waterproof slip on boots...Love em...Got a couple of buddies that wear em to......But nothing but snap-on socks here!!!!

I've got some slip on red backs that are bad ass. Wore them everyday for almost 3 years and they still look new. I'm just at a point in my life were I pretend to be "country" so must have a full height leather boot with some kind of gay cowboy design **** on the upper.

Gonna ask my Snapon guy if he will sell me some

I swear the mac tools socks are the best socks I have ever worn, the snap on socks are good too. I know people are going to give me **** about them, but they really are awesome.