• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Boot Thread

Re:

We used to call Redwings Shredwings at my old job. I hear a lot of people praise them but none of us could get them to last more than 6 months so we ended our company account and we all started buying from somewhere else. The new store sold boots, bongs, sex toys, and whatever crazy **** ya could think of so it was always an adventure to go "boot" shopping.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
We used to call Redwings Shredwings at my old job. I hear a lot of people praise them but none of us could get them to last more than 6 months so we ended our company account and we all started buying from somewhere else. The new store sold boots, bongs, sex toys, and whatever crazy **** ya could think of so it was always an adventure to go "boot" shopping.

Hell yeah !!! Bongs and boots ! Hahah hell of a combo

Danner tradesman a for me, they take a while to break in but once you do they are very comfortable and I haven't wore a pair out yet and I wear them everyday. I just past the 2 yr mark with my first pair so I started wearing my new pair to get them broke in.
b35ff16def4b52f34834126a7c7007ca.jpg

I can't make my self wear a pair of lace ups. I don't even know if I know how to tie shoes.

Well, today I made another attempt to find a new pair of boots that like me as much as I like them. After trying every damn Ariat in the place (I swear no two fit the same) I had almost settled on a pair of Ariat Rambler Phoenix boots. They looked great and fit better on my goofy clown feet than the standard Rambler. I wasnt like "wow" though, and still debating...then I see a pair of Durango Rebels that have a similar style. I tried on the Durangos and was like WOW. Hands down the most comfortable boot I've put a foot in. There was nothing to debate, I bought them and wore em out of the store :****: They have a really grippy sole too that looks like more of a work boot sole. I hope they hold up. (Funny thing, they are not an EE, just a D but feel better than the EE Ariat.)

If you have wide feet and hate going between boots that squeeze the hell out of the widest part of your foot -or fit there, but your heel is flopping around like a wiener in a kardashian cooch, then I highly recommend trying these. Never had a boot feel this good on the 1st wear! Good looking boot too! Rambler Phoenix on left, Durango Rebel on right. :indianajones:
WP_20150204_002.jpg

Those durangos are ****in sexy. What store
Is that? We have one "western wear" store around here. They have all out cowboy boots and then a few gay work type boots.

got my new pair of Rocky Bronson Ropers in today. 3rd set in 10 years.

By far the best and most comfortable I've tried (vs similar Justin, Georgia, and Redwing)

Part of that probably has to do with being able to get wide width 11.5s (I think my feet are more like paddles than feet...)

BOX1_rocky.jpg

Good looking boots. I stopped at that discount shoe store again tonight and found another pair of the Durangos for $49.99. I couldn't pass them up. So make that 3 pair of Rebels for me now.

Re:

Keens!! Only work boot I will wear. I have the Pittsburgh steel toe model. I've tried all the big names. keens wear like a shoe. I work in a coal power plant where we have outages and we have to work up to 60 days straight at 14-16 hr days. Keens are still kicking and my feet and back appreciate them. And for cowboy boots..ariats

http://m.keenfootwear.com/product/shoes/men/pittsburgh

What Doc Martens are ya'll wearing? To contribute I have timberland pro steel toe boots I wear when working on ****.

wannabe said:
Those durangos are ****in sexy. What store
Is that? We have one "western wear" store around here. They have all out cowboy boots and then a few gay work type boots.

Boot Barn. They have a better supply than the farm & home stores. I was able to try pretty much any boot I chose in a standard D width or EE.
I guess Durango is under the same label as Rocky & Georgia (as well as a few others) I didnt know that..

Just noticed your in Idaho. I think that might be a little to far to go for boots.

xjtony said:
What Doc Martens are ya'll wearing? To contribute I have timberland pro steel toe boots I wear when working on ****.

Mine are just the pull on steel toes. They last forever. I wear the timberland pro lace up's at times when I need ankle support and they a pretty good boots as well.

Bought me some new Keen Utility steel toes today. Wore em all day around the mall and out and about to see how they do before I wear em to work and I love them so far! Comfortable and walk great on my prosthetic leg, which is a big plus. They are a bit heavier than what I'm used to, but seem to still be manageable. Even got a couple free Keen coozies and a multi bit screw driver with em!

7d85b7a36e76307334470e5f59c7381b.jpg