• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bouncer Build

IMO rail type buggies are built with smaller lighter weight tubing that would not withstand a rollover with the additional weight a rock bouncer has. The axles alone can add another 600-1000 pounds to the equation as well as the motor and transfercase. Years ago, Scott from Southern Offroad started a build by adding an independent front end under his rail buggy. Never got finished as far as I know, but he was onto something back then. :popcorn:

ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Re: Bouncer Build

CHASMAN9 said:
IMO rail type buggies are built with smaller lighter weight tubing that would not withstand a rollover with the additional weight a rock bouncer has. The axles alone can add another 600-1000 pounds to the equation as well as the motor and transfercase. Years ago, Scott from Southern Offroad started a build by adding an independent front end under his rail buggy. Never got finished as far as I know, but he was onto something back then. :popcorn:

ADMINISTRATOR
Scott Lovelady? I'm good friends with his youngest son

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jtuck51 said:
Scott Lovelady? I'm good friends with his youngest son

Pretty sure he meant Scott Belcher. Last time I saw that rail it had a d44 under the front and air bags. He almost had it finished and then I dunno.

Jtuck51 said:
I've found 2.5 ton rockwells for $500

Oh, and fordcontraption on here told me, "Buy Rockwells, you can build em for like $7 as long as you stay away from Ouversons." That's BS, I'm about $3k into them after the seals, studs, kingpin bushings, 48 gallons of gear oil to fill the ****in things, those Rockwell wheels that weigh about 100 lbs a piece, links, heims, link brackets, tie rods, patooyee's bomb pan (love that one, worth the $$$), u-bolt kit, rotors, calipers, driveshafts, and all the missing fasteners... just go get some junkyard tons, weld em up, and rock out.

creepycrawly said:
You are 100% better off starting from scratch that trying to use that as a platform.

I'd recommend getting your feet wet by starting with a jeep or Yota or something.

dont listen to these fawking Aholes son, live your dreams ByfawkingGawd!

Jtuck51 said:
Not at all, I'm 110% serious. I want to make this work. I'm testing the blue collar theory

You managed to bring the original goat man Robby Bobby account out of a 2 year retirement, I am impressed. However I'm pretty sure the only thing youre 110% serious about is trolling all of hardline at once.

2 times in two weeks we have had a brand new member start a thread about building a rock bouncer then never post in anything but your own thread, there's a topic for a coincidence thread...

bd25732a8dd4fdd9ab7fd0327e4cfe18.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5BrothersFabrication said:
Oh, and fordcontraption on here told me, "Buy Rockwells, you can build em for like $7 as long as you stay away from Ouversons." That's BS, I'm about $3k into them after the seals, studs, kingpin bushings, 48 gallons of gear oil to fill the ****in things, those Rockwell wheels that weigh about 100 lbs a piece, links, heims, link brackets, tie rods, patooyee's bomb pan (love that one, worth the $$$), u-bolt kit, rotors, calipers, driveshafts, and all the missing fasteners... just go get some junkyard tons, weld em up, and rock out.

hmmm..... :popcorn:
When is this gonna be done? I'm ready to do some riding with my brother.

Shop should be finished by new years. Project should start before Valentine's day. Main piece of equipment needed is a welder, preferably gas shielded

Jtuck51 said:
Shop should be finished by new years. Project should start before Valentine's day. Main piece of equipment needed is a welder, preferably gas shielded

Flux core ftw works better on that poop pipe rail buggy stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHELBS44 said:
Pretty sure he meant Scott Belcher. Last time I saw that rail it had a d44 under the front and air bags. He almost had it finished and then I dunno.

^^^^^^ This... He had that thing almost together, almost. Wheels fell of the cart and never to be heard from again. :(

ADMINISTRATOR

If you want to stay true to the big Bird style you have to use coat hangers and one of those high powered battery chargers to weld with. Nothing else welds black pipe like those do

whiskeymakin said:
If you want to stay true to the big Bird style you have to use coat hangers and one of those high powered battery chargers to weld with. Nothing else welds black pipe like those do
And don't forget to source all your material from under the trailers at the local trailer parks. And don't use a bailiegh bender. They can't see the awesomeness of a good poop pipe battery welded project

5BrothersFabrication said:
When my sis starts the Big Stupid Crawler Bank and loans me the $7.2 million to finish it out. It's about 95% done. Lol
oh hell quit whining and get it put together. I gave you brackets and brakes for those and I think a driveline. My parts must not have been good enough for you I see what kind of friend you are :'(

And having a **** ton of cash in anything like this is money wasted. Since I've been in this game I've easily got 100k invested in the two I've had and got but do you think for one second anyone is willing to give me literally nothing for it. Although it's reliable as a new one runs like a raped ape and is built like a tank and would hurt a lot more feelings if I only had a set of sticky tires on it :****: but I'm to the point with it I'm about to trade it for a damn rzr :****:

fordcontraption01 said:
And having a **** ton of cash in anything like this is money wasted. Since I've been in this game I've easily got 100k invested in the two I've had and got but do you think for one second anyone is willing to give me literally nothing for it. Although it's reliable as a new one runs like a raped ape and is built like a tank and would hurt a lot more feelings if I only had a set of sticky tires on it :****: but I'm to the point with it I'm about to trade it for a damn rzr :****:

:gay: :ban: :gtfo:

Damn....hell of a way to come out of the closet, Charlie.

I mean....we kinda suspected it with the Ford stuff, but the RZR is certainly the final **** in the ass, I mean nail in the coffin. :)

You're a good guy either way, no one will deny that.