• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Caddi is ALIVE

Caddishack18

After giving all she had last year at a desert race in NM the Caddi finally has a heartbeat! I swapped in the motor I hurt at the 08 finals in Jelico, I ran it too long upside down and got the crank. The motor is a twin brother to the one in the moonbuggy now. EVERYTHING changed in the swap, all new plumbing, wiring, trans, dash, drive shafts, fuel tank for KOH, ETC. hope to drive it tommorow, just fired it last night. Sounds good too!

You going to run it in KOH or are you going to run the Moon Buggy? If you run the moon buggy what are you going to do about the Fuel Cell?

Just talked to him a bit ago, run's like a stripped ape he said booyang Levi is going to run the Caddi in K.O.H. race and Brian is running the Single seater, as for fuel cell's :dunno: :dunno: We have talked about alot of stuff, he has a plan but some of the rule's, well let's just say you can read them in different way's. It will be fun helping the two of them this year, oh wait I have a VooDoo in the shop now, I think I'll help them and keep this one pretty.

Cole said:
You going to run it in KOH or are you going to run the Moon Buggy? If you run the moon buggy what are you going to do about the Fuel Cell?

Levi is going to run it. Im having trouble coming up with a solution for the fuel cell deal. My only choice is to hang a 12 or 16 gallon cell off the ass of the moon buggy, which will look like ass! I cant see spending $2000 plus for a bladder for the race thats thoe only one to require one. i'm getting a little burnt out thinking about it.

Yeah the fuel cell deal sucks for those of us that have rigs to run and are not building new every year

The Caddi is now officially street legal. :eat:
IMG00004-20091120-1813.jpg

I will post up more pictures when I get the chance!

Just got back from running the Caddi ALL over town for an hour or so. What a blast!!! has no issues so far, motor runs strong as it it a twin to the one in my moonbuggy, cam and all. Smokes a hotrod S-10 with a 350 in it from a local shop in town. 1/2 a block race or so. New body panels, a spare tire mount and shock tuning and she will be ready! o a going from 4.56 gears to 5.13s.

We still have some little things to do here and there before its done. Our main goal for the Caddi was to keep it as simple as possible and functional. Keep in mind these are just some old skins. I will post up more later. Lucky Dog!

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

Glove Box
IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

HIDs
IMG_1742.jpg