• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crawling/Bouncing

H

hayitsray

I like rock crawling as much as the next guy ,but after going to Rock Bouncing event it's almost like watching grass grow to go to a Rock Crawling event anymore !!!! Is this only my opinion or does some people still like going to watch Rock Crawling events ??? :driving:

Rock bouncing is about as boring to me. 25 rigs hit a hill. 2 make it, 15 roll over, the rest catastrophic failure... I will say that the evolution of the rock bouncing is impressive however. It also has cost me a lot of money.

To each his own I guess. I would rather go trail ride with my buddies.

Trail riding with buddies for sure (generally includes just rock crawling). Its hard to beat a 3 day weekend at Harlan or Windrock :****:

There are three things that i really enjoy doing after working for someone else for 60+ hrs/ week: 1) Wrenching/fabricating 2) Camping 3)Trail riding (whatever that may be..buggy, quad, dirtbike, old tractor, horse idgaf). I got hooked on full size rig wheeling because it happens to invlolve all three. Also, i have no desire to deal with competing (more time and more money).

If I was deaf, A "rockbouncing" event would be pure hell to me :****: That has got to be the most boring **** on earth!!!

1) Every razr owning moron in the South is there
2) Your **** may get stolen
3) You will probably get blocked on the trails while you are actually trying to wheel by said morons
4) Other than the horsepower NOTHING appeals to me about being there in person for "bouncing" I'd rather watch in on youtube

I love to up close & personal watch a technical crawl though

Re:

Rockcrawling over bouncing any day.
I can appreciate the bouncers, but honestly full throttle assaults are not skillful driving imo. It does take skull but mostly luck and the right line.
In crawling, you have to pick your lines and know how your rig will react (mine just likes to show its belly).
I can watch cone dodging all day, but can't sit but a few mins watching bouncers :****:

I love watching the crawling events for the strategy and skill involved. I love going to the bouncing events because I likes to party and that's all it is. Im especially fond of the gathering places after dark after an event. Everyone is good and liquored up and ramped up from watching the bouncers, it makes an interesting show. The gayzers get a little irritating but its ok. Ill just stop and drink another beer while I wait on someone else to think they are a world class bouncer and then its showtime. I am a social person so I do love the after party.

I actually like the werock events more, actual skill there. If their was more of those events closer to me I would probably build another buggy just for that.

Well I'm broke and had to do a big stall to compensate for Hp.. It's hard to crawl nowadays when ya gotta get to 3grand to move the sob :****: alot of my buddies been asking me lately don't u kno how to crawl anymore ?? Yes but I like to bounce :dblthumb:

I like crawling or trail riding. I liked going to the WE Rock events on Dayton Mtn. I'll go to a bouncer event if it's close to me but I'm not driving from Chattanooga to Hot springs to watch one.

Watching either is about equally as boring to me. I'd rather be driving. Slow or fast doesn't matter, just either over watching.

patooyee said:
Watching either is about equally as boring to me. I'd rather be driving. Slow or fast doesn't matter, just either over watching.

This is the way I feel too.

patooyee said:

I think thats how most of hardliners feel, aren't 99% of the spectators in fact toothless locals hauling their babies up the hill with financed rzr's to be blessed by TC?

No real desire to go to either event. Will watch highlights on the interwebz of bouncing, but being around the tards that come out of the woodwork for big events just irritates me, but I loathe crowds too, so that's a huge part of it.
I would rather find a quiet park and wheel with 3-4 close friends.

I've been to a few events, it's fun, I really enjoy watching them on u tube though. Still I'd rather be on the trail with a few buds!

I've been to one SRRS. I would go again, but wouldn't go with a rig planning to wheel. I'd take me a mobile cooler.

Put up trail riding as a option :dblthumb: aint nothing better than a day in the woods making new friends and riding with old ones.

I like rock racing,endurance racing,hill climbing, rock crawling,trail riding,just about anything as long as i don't have to walk up and down the hills.

joho75287 said:
being around the tards that come out of the woodwork for big events just irritates me

Troof.

jeeptj99 said:
I like crawling or trail riding. I liked going to the WE Rock events on Dayton Mtn. I'll go to a bouncer event if it's close to me but I'm not driving from Chattanooga to Hot springs to watch one.

Troof again.