• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crawling/Bouncing

Trail riding for the win. I don't go to the events anymore due to the saturation of idiots and I'm not much of a spectator. I'd rather be wheeling with friends and stay away from the crowds. We have been known to go to a completely different park of an event cause it will be less traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stano said:
Trail riding for the win. I don't go to the events anymore due to the saturation of idiots and I'm not much of a spectator. I'd rather be wheeling with friends and stay away from the crowds. We have been known to go to a completely different park of an event cause it will be less traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what he said :dblthumb:

5 years or so ago I was all about WERock events but they got boring. Then hill killers and bouncers came in and it was cool for a while and I still like watching them some but after and hour or so it's pretty boring too. I guess if I were driving it'd be different but I'm a poor boy in a heep so I don't have a shot in hell at these hills. Guess that puts me in the trail riding group too. We try and bounce a bit too but with shallow pockets we tend to let off a bit earlier than bouncers.

I really like the technical parts of crawling. I've never competed in WERock, but think I would like it. I am pretty sure I would get bored pretty fast watching a WERock event live. I've never been to a bouncer event either, but can't wait to see the beat downs at AOP in October. After hearing all the comments about the bouncer events I may find that I enjoy it better watching it on YouTube. I like to ride every chance I can and get very impatient waiting in long lines on trails or obstacles so hopefully AOP is big enough to watch all the bouncers and do some riding that weekend.

I do this:

11846586_10153523906292421_2799124485452720270_n.jpg

to enjoy this:

11864904_10153523906332421_8556180692301922900_o.jpg

These "Rock Bouncing Takes no Skill" comments make me laugh. Obviously they have never seen the right drivers hit a bounty hill in person.

If Rock Crawlers have more skill behind the wheel then come Wes Kean used to go to WeRock at Dayton and win the unlimited class just about every time?

I like Crawling and Rock Bouncing If I am driving. If I am watching or videoing I would much rather watch Bouncing. But Youtube is the best place to watch. There is no downtime and you dont have to sit on the side of a hill all day through long recoveries sweating your balls off. :dblthumb:

joho75287 said:
No real desire to go to either event. Will watch highlights on the interwebz of bouncing, but being around the tards that come out of the woodwork for big events just irritates me, but I loathe crowds too, so that's a huge part of it.
I would rather find a quiet park and wheel with 3-4 close friends.

this thumb.gif

BustedKnucklefilms said:
These "Rock Bouncing Takes no Skill" comments make me laugh. Obviously they have never seen the right drivers hit a bounty hill in person.

I must have missed it, where was a comment like that?

Both crawling and bouncing have become more of a who has more money sport. Yes there's driver skill and a bit of crazy involved, but it's gotten out of touch I believe. I thought about going to AOP for the 25k deal, then saw there was almost 400 people on FB saying they was going. Add that to the hundreds who don't do FB, and I want no part of that crowd.

Trail riding any day, maybe run into the Bacon crew at Harlan and stop and watch for a bit like we did one of our last trips to Harlan, but with better "seats" and less drunk know it alls to listen to!!

Re: Re: Re: Crawling/Bouncing

patooyee said:
I said it earlier.

Now Wes and Cameron both can crawl I've seen both. But hill killing is mash it and hang on... Look at the 180s on cable and the bounty at AOP and wherever else there having to power up hills.
I would love to crawl with Wes and Cameron like the old days.

Like everything else, to each his own.

From BK and MR11 point of views where they make money on YouTube views, I can see where bouncing is more profitable than crawling.

Depends on the context.
Competitions? Definitely prefer to watch bouncing BUT with out the lame spectators and tripp pullen, ugh.... So basically I just stick to youtube to get my competition fix. I think it would be a blast to be part of the action though, to actually have a rig in the event.

Crawling comps? That stuff was boring to me when I was 18 in 2004, and didn't even know what rock bouncing was. I was sick of it after an hour and just wanted to wheel my own rig.

Which leads me to my next point that others already brought up. Trail riding with friends with the occasional nasty steep hill thrown in the mix. It's always a blast and why I spend so much time and money with this sport. 8) With out friends and meeting other cool people out in the woods, why would any of us be here.

Don't kid yourself though, it absolutely requires skill to Hill-kill. Some may not know what they are doing, but that does not apply to the whole sport of bouncing. Not even close.

Re:

patooyee said:

Rokcrler said:
Rockcrawling over bouncing any day.
I can appreciate the bouncers, but honestly full throttle assaults are not skillful driving imo. It does take skull but mostly luck and the right line.
In crawling, you have to pick your lines and know how your rig will react (mine just likes to show its belly).
I can watch cone dodging all day, but can't sit but a few mins watching bouncers :****:

Just putting two and two together.

My three best trips to date were trail riding with friends. One was at Harlan in the miserable cold and wet, one I was a passenger at STL and one I was driving at STL.

BustedKnucklefilms said:

If Rock Crawlers have more skill behind the wheel then come Wes Kean used to go to WeRock at Dayton and win the unlimited class just about every time?

I like Crawling and Rock Bouncing If I am driving. If I am watching or videoing I would much rather watch Bouncing. But Youtube is the best place to watch. There is no downtime and you dont have to sit on the side of a hill all day through long recoveries sweating your balls off. :dblthumb:
X2 I started out crawling ultra low low range only bumping it when I had to! But I had boggers and a v8 and figured out that it is way more fun than bumping it with a 22r on propane! I used to go to parks and crawl all kinds of hills and ledges and be damn proud of myself ESP after watching one of the big boys whoop the **** outta a rig that cost 5-6 times more than mine! Then I got one of the big boy rigs and found that it's a whole different level of fun and feeling of self accomplishment. Anybody that thinks it just takes somebody to hold it wide open and deep pockets is dead nuts wrong! Go learn you something by watching the YouTube! Or better yet go to an event!

I'll just summarize where this thread is going based on the thousands just like it in the past:

People complain about where the sport is going, money, it takes no skill, etc.
Other people claim it is the natural progression and it takes skill.
People are butt-hurt.
Nothing changes.
[/thread]

Man, I thought I was the only person alive that wasn't into bouncers. Big horsepower alien rigs flying up a hill is cool for a few minutes but I'd rather build an old yota for a fraction of the cost and go slow at times, then make the 4 banger scream up a hill.
Not saying they are not skilled drivers and I respect what they are into. Just my personal dumb opinion.

This vs that doesn't require as much skill is an uneducated or biased statement. Done right crawling, U4, Hill Killing all take the same skill to be done at the highest level. Just different and with different results. A poor crawler can just saw the wheel and reverse all day or a bouncer can close their eyes till it goes or rolls. The most skilled comp cone dodgers have no more skill than a few drivers that conquer bounty hills no one else can or ones that consistently smoke the desert. Lack of skill is usually easier to hide the slower you go though. Everyone likes different things and that never ceases to play into biased opinions.

patooyee said:
I'll just summarize where this thread is going based on the thousands just like it in the past:

People complain about where the sport is going, money, it takes no skill, etc.
Other people claim it is the natural progression and it takes skill.
People are butt-hurt.
Nothing changes.
[/thread]
Yeah what he said! Tell Em Patooyee.!