• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crawling/Bouncing

Really missing a good trail ride, with some hills thrown in of course. Been out once in 7 weeks...and that was to a hill climb competition about an hour and half from home. Unloaded, drove to hill, sat, competed for one minute thirty seconds, sat, drove back to parking area, loaded up and drove one and half hours back home. Yeah....I'm ready for a good trail ride! Hoping to hit some local trails Saturday with a few friends. It's also about 15 minutes from home which is a big plus!
Guess I said all that to say this... like a good comp but would rather trail ride, shoot the **** and :drinkers:!!

I like it all. :woot: Now throw in some compeitions for the little guys and I think more people would be interested. I would love to compete but there was no way I could compete with 80k rigs. Yes there are a few budget build that are competing but there is also the cost of up keep/entry fees/breakage...ect. For this reason I think its why you see so many people who have swapped to RZR's. A lot of the guys who had the 8k-15k rigs have got rid of them in favor of side by sides. I know when I went to Harlan 6 or 7 years ago there were a ton of crawlers and very few side by sides...... now its just the opposite.
Look how far rigs have came in just the past year.... last year I believe 40+ attempted the Bounty at AOP and it wasn't climbed.... this past time it was climbed by I think 6 out of 20-25 rigs. At what point is the hill killing/bouncing going to level off. I have seen some of the worst crashes this year because the rigs are so much more capable so the hills are getting tougher and tougher. I posted a thread the other day about Tim Cameron trail riding in a Suzuki Samauri which I think is awesome. It was nice to see him crawling some rocks instead of wide open assaults

highrolrcustoms said:
I like it all. :woot: Now throw in some compeitions for the little guys and I think more people would be interested. I would love to compete but there was no way I could compete with 80k rigs. Yes there are a few budget build that are competing but there is also the cost of up keep/entry fees/breakage...ect. For this reason I think its why you see so many people who have swapped to RZR's. A lot of the guys who had the 8k-15k rigs have got rid of them in favor of side by sides. I know when I went to Harlan 6 or 7 years ago there were a ton of crawlers and very few side by sides...... now its just the opposite.
Look how far rigs have came in just the past year.... last year I believe 40+ attempted the Bounty at AOP and it wasn't climbed.... this past time it was climbed by I think 6 out of 20-25 rigs. At what point is the hill killing/bouncing going to level off. I have seen some of the worst crashes this year because the rigs are so much more capable so the hills are getting tougher and tougher. I posted a thread the other day about Tim Cameron trail riding in a Suzuki Samauri which I think is awesome. It was nice to see him crawling some rocks instead of wide open assaults
Great post brother! Hate to be "that guy" but I really don't like side by sides. If you have a big piece of land to tool around on, awesome. ...but holy cow I don't like seeing them at parks.

highrolrcustoms said:
Agree with pretty much everything you just said. I only do a few small comps (relatively close to home,county fairs,etc.) ...ain't got the money or the want to hang with the big boys. Also agree that the evolution of the buggies and the hills to try stopping them is getting out of hand, just my opinion. Somebody is gonna get hurt bad if it keeps going at this pace....but then again, maybe I'm just a wuss! Lol
Let's trail ride!! :driving:

Batmobile Will said:
They are no wrong answers or dumb opinions we all love wheelin of one form or the other !!!! And should respect other opinions :driving:

You ain't nearly as bad of a guy as they make you out to be!! As long as you're wheeling and not a trail plugging douche, who cares what "form" of off-roading you take to!!! I have an Ultra4 buggy that rides with bouncers and Samurais....and we all have a good time together!!

johneddie said:
Really missing a good trail ride, with some hills thrown in of course. Been out once in 7 weeks...and that was to a hill climb competition about an hour and half from home. Unloaded, drove to hill, sat, competed for one minute thirty seconds, sat, drove back to parking area, loaded up and drove one and half hours back home. Yeah....I'm ready for a good trail ride! Hoping to hit some local trails Saturday with a few friends. It's also about 15 minutes from home which is a big plus!
Guess I said all that to say this... like a good comp but would rather trail ride, shoot the **** and :drinkers:!!

You going too Mexico?

This is probably what contributes to me not having many friends but eff it.

I cant lie, I really enjoy seeing $60k rigs show up in my areas and struggle, get hung up with 4 wheel steer, snap Rockwell axles like twigs. Or even get denied completely on a climb.

Makes me feel like my money and time was well spent.

Hey bouncing is cool though. When I pulled up to horsepower hill, I thought wow I'm out gunned here. Lol.......and that's a pretty easy climb from what I can tell.

Trail riding for me. Get bored watching more than about 3 pulls on any obstacle whether crawling or full scale bouncer assault. Rather be riding.

I like watching the bouncers put on a show but I do like to crawl and trail ride a little more. We try to head up to Hot Springs to watch the finals each year but we just drive up for the day being you can't get in much trail riding when it's packed.

Luckily we have plenty of places to go for us that have ridiculously low HP rigs. Our group normally keeps things moving and we try not to stand around watching someone try an obstacle for 30 minutes. That does get old fast. Give it a few shots or back the fawk up and let someone else try.

If I had the money I'd have a bouncer but until then I'll just keep on crawling.

Monstercrawler said:
Give it a few shots or back the fawk up and let someone else try.

Exactly thumb.gif. If you can't get up within 4 or 5 try's don't just set and dig the piss out of it. Let someone give it a shot

I like either one as long as the damn driver doesn't roll up 10 times and then reverse 10 times trying to "feel" the right line. The fawk is that **** :gay:

scrambled said:
I like either one as long as the damn driver doesn't roll up 10 times and then reverse 10 times trying to "feel" the right line. The fawk is that **** :gay:

Did you just speak ill of the chosen one? THE Tim Cameron? :stir:

muddinmetal said:
Did you just speak ill of the chosen one? THE

I always thought that was a old Evel Knievel ( prolly ain't spelled right) move. I'm 39, as a kid I thought dam how many times can you act like your going to hit it? :****:

BOTH errrrrr ALL THREE....Rockbouncing,Rockcrawling,Trail Riding...I like them all....do I expect to do all 3 in one day or weekend ...NO.

"Different weekends for different stuff folks"

Rockbounce events brang the epic show and the best parties and best chances for me to get INSANE action pictures!

And Rockcrawling Trail Riding and Camping is what I enjoy on weekends when I load up my ole Green n Purple Zuk and hit a park with my buddies!

OH....and all that stuff above is subject to get put on hold if theres a baddass high horsepower blowermotor race truck mega damn party I can go to for the weekend :flipoff1:

Pretty much straight trail rideing is my favorite.gettin all ur buddies together for a weekend usually crawling turns into bouncing after adult beverages kick in..dont get me wrong i like to watch the big dawgs get wit it .but its outa my leage .im jus a poor floor installer/finisher. :driving: :drinkers:

I like wheeling. Trail ride from the parking lot to the first obstacle, then crawl or bounce it depending on what it is, then trail ride to the next and repeat. Why limit your fun by saying your only a crawler or you only trail ride?

AdamF said:
I like wheeling. Trail ride from the parking lot to the first obstacle, then crawl or bounce it depending on what it is, then trail ride to the next and repeat. Why limit your fun by saying your only a crawler or you only trail ride?

My trail riding includes crawling and "bumping" it....similar to trail 39 @ Windrock.