• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diving job?

Like I said I'm just feeling it out and weighing options. I'm sure oil rig welding is prob pretty high up the pay scale along with building skyscrapers dams and bridges? Not to sound conceded but I'm pretty good at what I know how to do and learn fast. I know people that make a living doing the things I know how to do make more money than me and just getting info to maybe get a little more out of my potential? Yes underwater with electricity does sound a little dangerous :woot:

NTIDWELL said:
Yes it is life expectancy of 3 yrs
A guy I went to school with was told it would take 10 years off your life before he started underwater welding. He now has been doing it for 10 years. He still kickin

Re:

I dive also and few years back I was looking at going to a school to learn to under water welding.

On the the website they said if you any OTC drugs they would not take you. If you have a medical issue they may not take you.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
I dive also and few years back I was looking at going to a school to learn to under water welding.

On the the website they said if you any OTC drugs they would not take you. If you have a medical issue they may not take you.
I've gotten a good bit of info from talking to a guy in Chattanooga that's been doing it for 6 yrs he had a good bit of real world info. Starting out new to the game I would take a good 15-20k down grade in pay until I got more experience and then could move up to around 20-30k more depending on the jobs and frequency. The big money jobs (6 figures) are in the oil field welding on offshore rigs but since there hasn't been any good hurricanes lately that area is kind of slow. Im still going to contact a local small business and see what they have to offer, I really don't want to have to move or sell my place to go to school 3-9 months then live a long way from jobs and have to stay gone all the time.

patooyee said:
Damn, what kills them so fast?
Not kill them talking life of job before you have to down grade to the ship repair/cleaning jobs. Less pay. Not being able to dive deep. Guess I should've worded that better