• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate Job

Professional new vehicle test driver, on or off road. Get paid to show off in a car/truck/suv/buggy would be great. I do not want to test safety equipment just everything around it. Would have been nice to be the guy that invented the brake pad/ shoe material.

It would be lots of fun to give away 99% of your income a year and still be putting billions into a checking account. Finding the person/family that needs help and not being recognized for it makes me happier than anything else.

muddinmetal said:
I had a pretty shitty situation as a kid so I have never really had big dreams or aspirations in life, but on a separate topic, My dad was built to be a MMA fighter, had MMA came around 40 years earlier, he would have been unstoppable. I know that sounds like crazy talk but trust me on that one. So, for my ultimate job I would like to have had a way to see my father have an opportunity to have been a MMA fighter instead of a manual laborer
I figured you would wanna be the founder of the professional scale squeezer association

BUG-E J said:
I figured you would wanna be the founder of the professional scale squeezer association

I hurt my dang forearm and fingers the last time I tried it :****: I didn't realize the scale only went to 280 and smashed down on her with all I had and when it bottomed out 3 or 4 of my fingers popped and my left forearm felt like it was on fire from the inside. I am on temporary hiatus atm

Run a successful fab/custom/restoration shop out of my back yard. Make enough to live off of and support my hobbies/habits which shouldn't be too hard to do. My wife has a pretty sweet job and state benefits, so it's in the real of possibility once we get some previous life choices taken care of.

Venture Capitalist

You know, the already rich kind that run around buying other peoples hard work and knowledge and just get more wealthy. Basically make money and live a life of vacation daily.

Ive always wanted to be a successful Lottery winner too. :dblthumb:

Er doctor at a major city hospital. Or trauma surgeon. Knowing what I know now, I'd go back to the age of 21 and if be finishing up right now this summer.

Motorcycle journalist would be near the top for me - in a perfect world where it paid plenty and time was not an issue, of course. Getting paid to ride new models of different brands as they come out and touring different parts of the country/world on two wheels. Would be awesome.

I'd have to think hard to come up with other dreams. Not really much of a dreamer, as I generally don't contemplate much on things I am not capable of achieving.

P said:
Venture Capitalist

You know, the already rich kind that run around buying other peoples hard work and knowledge and just get more wealthy. Basically make money and live a life of vacation daily.

Ive always wanted to be a successful Lottery winner too. :dblthumb:

You must go to weddings and date congressman's daughters. flashemifyougotem

ADMINISTRATOR

I think flipping houses would fun, probably isn't but I'd give it a try if I had the opportunity.

Building custom vehicles would be awesome, maybe a niche like C-10s, farm out all the body work but do custom chassis, cool interiors, ect.

Sign a big contract playing baseball like chasman was talking about. Fulfill the contract a few years then sit back and enjoy anything I can. Instead I took a shot to the face from the batter. Took a summer off and that about finished my baseball career, shoulder never was right after that.
So, I'll just be here living a normal everyday job making whiskey, might be fortunate enough to retire at 55....who knows

Lotto winner

Professional poker player, sit down and win a few million dollars a year while drinking beer sounds like a dream job.

grcthird said:
I think flipping houses would fun, probably isn't but I'd give it a try if I had the opportunity.

They sure do paint a pretty picture on HGTV, but it ain't all sunshine and rainbows Lol. Although I still watch all those shows.

And you do have the opportunity. It's a common misconception that side hustles like that are unobtainable unless you have piles of money on hand. Obviously you need a decent reserve of cash on hand, but you can probably get started for less than you imagine. There are ways of leveraging costs along the way to where you are not out so much out of pocket up front. Also 2 ways of doing it: fixing it up yourself which would be difficult if you are already a busy man, then you'd end up hating it because it consumed all the rest of your remaining free time....or you could simply hire contractors to do the major work on a case by case basis. Most people I know that flip houses, do it this way. Sure, you can spend a Saturday or Sunday evening at your newly purchased property doing small things here and there, but ideally while you are at work yourself, you have a plumber/electrician/carpenter doing the major upgrades. They are professionals, they can get materials cheaper than you, and also already have all the tools that you'd probably have to buy if you were to do everything yourself. Unless your sole job is flipping properties and you have multiple renovations going at once all the time, you have to plan to buy and sell calculating in expenses of paying people to work for you on said property. But like I said, sometimes buying tools, materials, and your time spent doing it yourself can almost be as expensive as hiring people who do that kind of work every day to work for you. thumb.gif

Example: Last Fall, we had the electricity upgraded in the wife's rental. New 200 amp service built and upgraded to a breaker panel from the old fuse box, also having it moved to another room, as it was located directly above the water heater (party foul in the electrician world). Ended up getting it done, materials/labor and all for $1,800. I had to patch some sheetrock and paint, another $40 or so and done. Other electricians I had talked to before I found this guy gave crazy price quotes, assumably because they didn't want to fool with it. One guy told me I had $2500 worth of work just to build the new service OUTSIDE the house, not counting what it would cost to relocate the panel inside and all that entailed. Another quoted along the same lines of $4,000 for the total job inside and out, and about 3 others either weren't interested on the phone in doing the job, or came and looked at it and said no thanks. The key here is getting hooked up with a trustworthy tradesmen. Turns out the electrician, whom I found through a coworker, used to work where I work, then went out on his own and started an electrician business. He did a fine job and I now have established a relationship with him to continue using him everytime I have a job to do.

You're not getting any younger, the time is now if you want to do something. If it's something you really want to do, I encourage you to learn as much as you can about it and make a move if you feel confident. thumb.gif :drinkers:

If you think about it's all backward. Retire when you can go, do, be able. Go to work when you can't go anymore lol. My Ultimate career would be the OC or head football coach at the University of Georgia... but Kirby's got this now.. Man signing day today was awesome!!