• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dixie run 2016

RCBTrucking said:
I wish someone would step up and put on more events, whether it be for land use,or forthere on profit, I don't care. I know that I am not that person, it would take a great deal of planning, time, and money to make it happen. It would also be a financial loser for a few years until it was built up to a status that attracted the number of people to make profit. Also, you really got to enjoy hard work, people bitching after it is over, and drama, not to mention the fact that the organizer doesn't get to ride while it is going on and must stay sober!! I am out on that one! I think that a few of us could put something together, and make it happen, but partnerships are tough and it would take a real good group of people to make it happen. Any volunteers?

I'd be willing to volunteer but I can assure you that any event I put together would be a total "fend for yourself" event. No tech inspection, no raffle or meal ticket. Just a time, place, byob and food and lets go ride.

But honestly you're welcome to ride with us any time Ryan. I enjoyed watching that little toyota do work Thursday night. I'll give ya a shout next time we have a good group headed to GMP.

IMHO the best riding to be had is when you have 5 or 6 evenly matched rigs and attack the park :driving: seems like any more than that, you spend too much time standing around talking about everything but riding.

Re: Re: Dixie run 2016

dwa2469 said:
IMHO the best riding to be had is when you have 5 or 6 evenly matched rigs and attack the park :driving: seems like any more than that, you spend too much time standing around talking about everything but riding.
Nail on the head!!!

I can Bull **** with my friends on the Internet or text messages(or just meet'em)..... when I ride I want to ride!

RCBTrucking said:
Check out the southern website, they are having a ride in November in my that I am attending. They have more going on than most realize.

We know they can put on a ride, what are they doing with the money?? How much did they raise? If they were to show exactly what they have done with it, people might be more acceptable to giving it to them.

dwa2469 said:
TRUTH... Only reason to go to a big event is watch others put on a show and I'm not that guy. I just to want to wheel and cover ground.

I look forward to BS'ing on the trail with our crew. We normally cover ground quickly enough to permit it though.

FWIW I believe GMP has some of the best technical crawling this side of the Mississippi and if anyone reading this thread hasn't been you're missing out.

Re: Re: Dixie run 2016

GONOVRIT said:
I look forward to BS'ing on the trail with our crew. We normally cover ground quickly enough to permit it though.

FWIW I believe GMP has some of the best technical crawling this side of the Mississippi and if anyone reading this thread hasn't been you're missing out.
All the above

Matt

dwa2469 said:

this..... AJ and I covered pretty much the whole park and then ran it again the next day with some of you. great park and covered tons of ground with just a couple capable rigs

golden mountain park