• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dixie run 2016

Re: Re:

wizzo said:
I've said this for a few years now, but I'd love to figure out/ plan a "dixie run" like ride at GMP with out SFWDA involved. Just a big ride that everyone comes to and the park gets 100% of the money and no SFWDA bull **** involved. I'd pay the same money even, as long as the park would use it for improvements or maintenance.
The park or local club needs to have "sponsored" rides that are scheduled and planned in advance. If you can tie that in with raising money for a charity, it's even better.

This is what the local clubs here have done with success. Similar to Fall Crawl and other rides at Harlan.

I haven't been to GMP on a nonevent weekend, but other "big" weekends typically require the help of a club or workers to man the gate and help organize things. Esp if you are going to try to bring in the more stock crowd. The spectator/ stock /JK crowd out number the built rigs, so for $$ that's where you want to appeal, even if it's another weekend.

Re: Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
BUT

We can't advertise it as an event, call it an event, plan anything that pertains to the park in any way.

You gotta do it like the Hardline ride, where you rent a pavilion for a central meeting point, and then a bunch of people just happen to show up to 4 wheel together.

And don't even mention organizing a race, competition, time trial, etc unless you want to get permits from the state and your own event insurance
Why's that? Something with the park or laws? What if its a fundraiser for a charity?

I know the Jeepster club has a national meet there every year, but they might just do what you say and just rent a pavillion.

Re: Re: Re: Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
Why's that? Something with the park or laws? What if its a fundraiser for a charity?

I know the Jeepster club has a national meet there every year, but they might just do what you say and just rent a pavillion.
It's just the way it is. Has to do with ownership/management/insurance of the park (not Anthony and Lisa that work for the park).

smbroady82 said:
open the You Tube link, copy and paste it here, don't do anything to the link except delete the "s" after http

sweet climb btw :dblthumb:

Thanks I know its slower than most on here but I wanted to let the tires do the work.

I tried copy and paste like you said but it didn't change anything.

Stuntman Autoworks said:
only video I have, it's me going up crackhead saturday afternoon.

http://youtu.be/YbSTBgbXaNE

I cannot remember how to embed the video in the post so someone remind me and I will edit it.

That's awesome congrats!!! none of us got up it on Friday. made it to where you stop and tighten your belts

Re: Re: Dixie run 2016

TBItoy said:
X2

I've spent hours on that rock. Only made it try where he stopped and tighten his belts! One day I'll make it out the top

I'm in the same boat as you maybe pholmann will let me borrow his buggy one day so I can say I've got up crackhead

86chevota said:
I'm in the same boat as you maybe pholmann will let me borrow his buggy one day so I can say I've got up crackhead

Myself and only one other in our group made it out the top....but in my case with 54s that's not saying much.

86chevota said:

Go for it! You can't **** it up any worse than I do.

1tonyj said:
Myself and only one other in our group made it out the top....but in my case with 54s that's not saying much.

That's awesome would love to have seen that in person.

Stuntman Autoworks said:
only video I have, it's me going up crackhead saturday afternoon.

http://youtu.be/YbSTBgbXaNE

I cannot remember how to embed the video in the post so someone remind me and I will edit it.

Those the new 42s?

As for SFWDA, they won't get a dime more from me. They are virtually useless in this day and age of east coast private park riding. I think I've only paid to go to a Dixie run once, and that was last year because I let my buddies talk me into it. I used to go every year at Tellico but since it was a public park I'd just pay the USFS day use fee and ride on my own. Screw those guys. In general I hate big rides anyway.

I can't blame anyone for anything said about SFWDA because it seem like they are doing a lot of things behind everyone's back.
My only concern is to keep Dixie Run going to keep GMP open because the park makes most of the money to operate it for the year from that event.
Now do not take this as I am receiving anything from the park I don't it's just my home park and don't want to loose another place to ride.
With the rumor of the SFWDA leadership wanting to move Dixie Run to AOP where they will have all there eggs in one basket.
Don't get me wrong I enjoy going to AOP and Toms done a Great job with the park but if they get both events I will be doing like a lot have said already and will only go on non events rides.