• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR Immunity Law email campaign

Thanks for the e-mail.

Mine's sent, I edited it a bit however, removed the cursing. I didn't want to sound like a buffoon.

Thanks again for the heads up Mike!

I am glad I read it before sending.

Thanks for the e-mail.

Mine's sent, I edited it a bit however, removed the cursing. I didn't want to sound like a buffoon.

Thanks again for the heads up Mike!

There were a few areas you were supposed to replace the words with your own, hence the [.....]; hopefully some of you caught that, as I believe it was stated in the first paragraph...:corn:

Last edited:
Also--if you guys know of anybody who is a wheelr and not on this forum--make sure to send them this link as you do not have to be a registered user to see this..

Thanks....

I edited it a little, feel free to copy;

SUBJECT: Recreational Immunity Law (RCW 4.24.210)

MESSAGE: Hello State Senator Pam Roach and Representatives Dan Roach and Christopher Hurst, (change to your Reps)

My name is ______________ and I live in your represented area. My ___________ and I live in _________ County and travel all over Washington to enjoy the outdoors, whether that involves our Jeep, motorcycles, or on atv's with our friends. I am writing to you in an effort to bring up an issue with the Recreational Immunity Law. There is a very small phrase with a very large negative impact on our recreational lands that is included in this statute that should be removed. The phrase that needs to be removed is "known dangerous, artificial, latent condition"

In context with the rest of the law, it essentially means if a landowner knowingly leaves something that matches that phrase on their land without warning signs they are potentially responsible for an injury. This also brings up other liability issues. As other states have recognized, those who recreate on public or private lands should be responsible for their own actions. The "gray area" caused by this phrase should be removed so agencies like DNR can continue to provide recreational opportunities for all to enjoy. All states have these types of laws, but Washington state includes that phrase and it intimidates landowners both public and private to the point where they are closing these recreational areas or refuse to improve them so they don't intentionally create a liability.

Not only does this greatly affect lands where we currently recreate, but also access to future areas (both private and public). Please be sure to bring this issue up in the next legislative session. It is time for our society to start taking responsibility for the own actions in all areas of their lives whether it is financial, recreational,or otherwise.

Best regards,

Mr. Crash sir,

Thank you for the email informing me of this. All done, and I sent
it to the rest of the club (10 members total).

I edited it a little, feel free to copy;

Thanks, I like your format. Yes I made sure to put in the { ] brackets to indicate to people to change things here and there... you probably shouldn't say 'F**K to your representatives, hence why its in caps indicating the type of word you might wanna use should be 'strong'

This is so cool to see the ball rolling, I've been sending emails to everyone I know who wheels.

Latest posts