• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be comprehending your statements incorrectly. No users want to see this area closed, but do you know all the reasons why it is being moved and turned into a manageable ORV area?

Prety sure I know them all or at least the initial reasons that started the whole process. Why do you ask, what does it matter?

You've missed the message I was trying to get across. It's not about my opinion or yours. It's the majorities opinion. It's the opinion you as a leader should have reguardless of how YOU feel about it....I'm sure you have plenty of volunteers, that's not the point. The point is this is leverage you as a leader could use to get what the majority wants. Use your noodle.:;

I missed what? I clearly stated I would argu the fact. The rest was my sole opinion.

I'm not taking sides, or trying to speak for anyone else...

But, does the DNR understand that they could be alienating a large portion of the volunteers by closing what is already there???

There will be people that will help regardless, but after a lot of people already put in a bunch of work in an area that will now be closed could be taken as a slap in the face...

But, does the DNR understand that they could be alienating a large portion of the volunteers by closing what is already there???

There will be people that will help regardless, but after a lot of people already put in a bunch of work in an area that will now be closed could be taken as a slap in the face...

And yes it very well could.

IMO if the DNR was to have alot more input/planning before hand rather than just a "we are closing it" you might get more public support for it. This way folks in a larger mass are involved. I think when people hear "closed nov 2" you just creat alot of hatered and madness.

Alot of these issues could have been handled beeter by first having a focus meeting to get a plan then go to the public with it...

And yes it very well could.

IMO if the DNR was to have alot more input/planning before hand rather than just a "we are closing it" you might get more public support for it. This way folks in a larger mass are involved. I think when people hear "closed nov 2" you just creat alot of hatered and madness.

Alot of these issues could have been handled beeter by first having a focus meeting to get a plan then go to the public with it...

I agree...

It's just a really hard sell when you slap the hand that feeds, so to speak...

Who ever wants to represent me Should bring something up at this meeting. I would like a response when the meeting is over and will send a P.M. To all represenatives who are members of this forum.

Will D.N.R allow weekend work partys one day of work one day of wheeling?
I do believfe this will get alot more people to attend said work party's!!

:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

Who ever wants to represent me Should bring something up at this meeting. I would like a response when the meeting is over and will send a P.M. To all represenatives who are members of this forum.

:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

Your getting WAY ahead here. Lets tackle the big issue first and go on :awesomework:

:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:[/QUOTE]

x2:awesomework:

By telling some people they can wheel in a closed area is the same as telling the rest they can't wheel there but others can....Public land paid for and managed with everyones taxes. If the DNR chose to do this they would be asking for trouble. .02c

By telling some people they can wheel in a closed area is the same as telling the rest they can't wheel there but others can....Public land paid for and managed with everyones taxes. If the DNR chose to do this they would be asking for trouble. .02c

I agree with this, if it's closed, it's closed for all... If it's open, it's open for all...

Doing something like that would open up a big ass can of worms... That would open the gates for people to just sign up and hit the trails...

It shouldn't be presented to them as an ultimatum... Rather, more of a concern, that some people feel that the work they've done in the past and more recently may have been in vain...

How do you ask someone for help to fix something, when the last time they helped out that trail or area was closed...

I'm not saying that I won't help or others shouldn't, I'm just expressing what I think a lot of people are feeling right now...

I agree with this, if it's closed, it's closed for all... If it's open, it's open for all...

Doing something like that would open up a big ass can of worms... That would open the gates for people to just sign up and hit the trails...

Its one thing to wheel why you work but a whole another deal to work and then wheel in a closed area.

Thats how it has been done in the past. Heck we did a bunch of trail up at walker this way.

Its also how we re-opened tight ass.
When was this Walker expedition?? Which trails? Just goin' off topic for a sec, I promise!!! (curious mind wants to know!:redneck:)...:corn:

When was this Walker expedition?? Which trails? Just goin' off topic for a sec, I promise!!! (curious mind wants to know!:redneck:)...:corn:

I can't remember but it was the trail that tied everything into a loop(I recall a bridge and 2 large trees). It was a number of years ago kev.

Thats how it has been done in the past. Heck we did a bunch of trail up at walker this way.

Its also how we re-opened tight ass.

Was this after closing the entire area that people have been working hard to keep clean and opened???

I'm not trying to fight about this, I think this dialog is healthy for everyone that is involved... Open dialog such as this should be "the norm" within our group...

I can't remember but it was the trail that tied everything into a loop(I recall a bridge and 2 large trees). It was a number of years ago kev.

Must be the middle section of Lower Mainline....the area that was logged off last yr...the bridge is still there.The trees are obviously gone!:redneck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts