• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge steering brace

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So doing more homework on upgrades for the tow rig.

So whats a good brace for the frame/steering box on the dodges? I know there are a number of companies out there making them---don't want a POS...

The 2 best upgrades I found for my 2 gen Dodge was to replace the steering box with a new borgeson box and to upgrade to a 3 gen track bar.

I have a steering brace installed only because I bought it before I did the new box and track bar upgrade.

To answer your question the one I purchased was from solidsteel.biz
IIRC they are the orginal designers and I have had no troubles with mine.

I had a BD steering box brace and never had any issues with it, made a pretty big difference. But i also had a redhead steering box and a rare parts track bar which are both way better than stock so the 3 combined it drove like a dream!

BD's is a knock off of the DSS setup and uses thinner material. Material and effort comes nowhere near the cost of either if you do it yourself. 3rd Gen track bar conversion isn't near as strong as the DSS TB setup. Borgeson box is awesome, the redhead box is good when they actually rebuild the box correctly. But doesn't solve the stock box issues and doesn't have the quicker ratio of the borgeson box.

I like my Ford! :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:
(even though I know it needs some front end work...)
:redneck:

Getting to that age where a little TLC is required... I was just wondering why you are aiming for a brace...rather then just doin some much needed love on the stock steering set up??

Ya I am planning some TLC since I will be towing again soon. But frame flex is a big downfall on these and even with good/new parts you will have play.

I am also going to switch over to a straight tie rod and get away from the Y setup.

Ya I am planning some TLC since I will be towing again soon. But frame flex is a big downfall on these and even with good/new parts you will have play.

I am also going to switch over to a straight tie rod and get away from the Y setup.

Oh sounds good then :awesomework:

BD's is a knock off of the DSS setup and uses thinner material. Material and effort comes nowhere near the cost of either if you do it yourself. 3rd Gen track bar conversion isn't near as strong as the DSS TB setup. Borgeson box is awesome, the redhead box is good when they actually rebuild the box correctly. But doesn't solve the stock box issues and doesn't have the quicker ratio of the borgeson box.

I never had any issues with my stuff from redehead or BD or my rare parts track bar. :cool: but no matter what you do it aint cheap:redneck:

if its time to upgrade stereing parts, look into the 09- linkage upgrade, we do it alot at work, huge improvement!

I never had any issues with my stuff from redehead or BD or my rare parts track bar. :cool: but no matter what you do it aint cheap:redneck:

The redhead problem doesn't seem to be a wear issue. It's either good and lasts just fine. Or it's bad right off the bat.

And yea I agree! I have over 3k in the front off mine :mad: