• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Down and Dirty Transaxle Build

Re: Re: Re: Down and Dirty Transaxle Build

onepieceatatime said:
Everybody doesn't do that during their builds?

I have, several times. :driving:

I love those 3800s. Original plan was to run one in my build, but I talked myself into a LS. Part of me wishes I would have went that route. Packaging sure would have been a little easier in my tiny little chassis.

got my brake pedals mounted… I got ¾ and ? master cylinders to go with the ¾ ton chevy calipers up front and the tons on the rear..

This was a rough bracket that i came up with for it.. it still needed some tweaks and i was out of material so i sent a sketch over to my buddy and he cut me one out on his plasma table… I'll post a better pic of the finished one later..

The pedals have a ton of travel with no fluid ect.. I was wondering if anyone with the same setup could let me know about how much travel i should expect when its all plumbed up and bled out?.. They are bottoming out on the chassis with about ? of travel left on the push rod into the MC. The location of the pedals could change a little but no a whole lot without sacrificing comfort..

Thanks Tim…

little progress going on.. got the midship shaft pulled together from salvage parts

she's tight in there… but it clears the grease fitting lol.. a 1410 yoke won't fit

got a little progress going on..

some motor mounts

Front of the motor

drivers side- mounts to head..

passenger side

Rear mount, back of transmission- this one was challenging.. and I'll add some bracing later..

Also got some some floor pans worked up for the front..

It won't be too long and she'll come down off the table!

Thought I posted this before, but obviously not. How close are those coilovers to the inside tube? It looks like you got them in pretty tight and I was wondering after springs how close they'd be....keep the awesome coming :dblthumb:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Thought I posted this before, but obviously not. How close are those coilovers to the inside tube? It looks like you got them in pretty tight and I was wondering after springs how close they'd be....keep the awesome coming :dblthumb:

Thanks for the compliments guys..

The shocks are close up front, thats why you see the brackets got redone a few weeks back and the mounts made wider at both the frame and the axle. The springs will about a quarter inch off the chassis when one side is fully drooped and one fully flexed.. I did put some springs on there and cycle the axle, they'll clear just fine but its tight… 50lbs of **** problems… I just can't make the front rails any narrower.

I wouldn't cycle those master cylinders dry. I believe someone on here had a bad experience later on when he tried to bleed them.

Finally got the roofline finished out… took me a long time to decide what to do here

I also got the front floor pans installed and tacked in place, I'll weld them in an inch or two at a time so i don't warp them…

my goal this week is to do a bunch of welding so I can take it down off the table this weekend :woot:

We got it on the ground this weekend pulled the axles and motor ..flipped it over got the skidplate cut and started welding the chassis up .skidplate is Ar400 should take a good beating