• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dude, check out this Rover.

there are plenty in WA.

050731_112559_5410.sized.jpg

DSC00252.sized.jpg

P3080017.sized.jpg

DSCN0790.jpg

thats sweet, I will show ya the one RRC on 38/12-50's. if I can find the pic again, with only 6"s of lift and some cutting.:D

but I wouldn't go that big, don't have to with this rig around here.

I like the guys rear tail light gaurds, I already had plans to cut the rear and put a tube there but never thought about going up over the rear light, KASH!!!!!!!!!!:haha: I need a few tubes bent like that. :D

Last edited:
found the pics, this rig is big. :cool:

Attachments

• rover on 38's.jpg
    rover on 38's.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 38 r.jpg
    38 r.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 280
  • RRC.jpg
    RRC.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 283
MarcW said:
look at the rear clearence at the door though :looser: that would suck slicing tires all the time
they tuck right in, you seen my rig? they look like they should rub but don't.

They are opposite of a Jeep, most the flex in in the rear which is better anyways. The front has plenty off clearance on the 38's.

ask HOS how a Rover wheels practicly stock, or LRZ.

MarcW said:
wanna go that big on yours? can you on the stock diffs>?
you can run Toyota V6 thirds in the diffs with Longs 30 spline up front with alloys in the rear, the English build things right, the rear is full floater stock. :D with disc brakes on this rig. :;

The machining up front is minimum too.

Right now I have way more diff clearance than you would think, the bottom of the diffs are like they are shaved too, stock. :;

powdr7 said:
How in the hell do those rear tires not slice during tuck??
it is in the ingenious design of the rear 3 link suspension.

and also, I have worked on this Rover enough to realize this is a home mechanics rig, you don't need a bunch of speciality tools to work on it.

I can change a fuel pump in less than 30 minutes, I can drain fuel by removing a plug on the tank, I can drain "all" the oil out of a trans pan and so on.

I will never go back to an American rig, ever.

there is something about "you get what you pay for". and I feel really lucky to get into this rig for so cheap.

Last edited:
Dude said:
they tuck right in, you seen my rig? they look like they should rub but don't.

They are opposite of a Jeep, most the flex in in the rear which is better anyways. The front has plenty off clearance on the 38's.

ask HOS how a Rover wheels practicly stock, or LRZ.

that rig is totally :rb: he never even wheeled. there's a thread on POR of me and others flaming him for his stupidity somewhere :hi:

if he tried to flex it would take out the doors - there's no way those tires are going to stuff. not to mention, he has booty fab mounts on stock shocks IIRC in that picture.

Dude said:
it is in the ingenious design of the rear 3 link suspension.

and also, I have worked on this Rover enough to realize this is a home mechanics rig, you don't need a bunch of speciality tools to work on it.

I can change a fuel pump in less than 30 minutes, I can drain fuel by removing a plug on the tank, I can drain "all" the oil out of a trans pan and so on.

I will never go back to an American rig, ever.

there is something about "you get what you pay for". and I feel really lucky to get into this rig for so cheap.

I will say that of all the vehicles I've ever climbed in, on, or under to work on, the rovers were always my favorites. They just seem to be built with a lot of common sense. I heard it before that a rover could be taken apart with a hammer, a crescent wrench, and a screwdriver... That may be a little over zealous, but they are amazingly straight forward and designed well.

I'm sad that I'll be selling my rover here in the not too distant future (currently have no need for it with the new truck and jeep). But I will certainly buy another a few years down the road! I'm thinking either a Series II, III or a 109". I've never had an old school rover :super:

Nuzzy said:
I will say that of all the vehicles I've ever climbed in, on, or under to work on, the rovers were always my favorites. They just seem to be built with a lot of common sense. I heard it before that a rover could be taken apart with a hammer, a crescent wrench, and a screwdriver... That may be a little over zealous, but they are amazingly straight forward and designed well.

I'm sad that I'll be selling my rover here in the not too distant future (currently have no need for it with the new truck and jeep). But I will certainly buy another a few years down the road! I'm thinking either a Series II, III or a 109". I've never had an old school rover :super:

old school Rovers are to die for. :cool:

Yeah right easy to work on... The drivetrain is easy to work on but as for the rest of the truck... I think that they were eating retard sandwichs when they "designed" the dash board. Just wait untill you have to change out the heater core. The dealer charges 8.5hrs for replacment and the techs are lucky to get it in and out in 9. The last time I changed mine on the discovery (I changed the o-rings twice and the core once) I used a sawsall to take the extra crap out of the way. Oh yeah.... rangies are even worse. :D

Lincolnlock said:
Yeah right easy to work on... The drivetrain is easy to work on but as for the rest of the truck... I think that they were eating retard sandwichs when they "designed" the dash board. Just wait untill you have to change out the heater core. The dealer charges 8.5hrs for replacment and the techs are lucky to get it in and out in 9. The last time I changed mine on the discovery (I changed the o-rings twice and the core once) I used a sawsall to take the extra crap out of the way. Oh yeah.... rangies are even worse. :D

I knew that when I bought it, I have to change out the heater core or replace it.

The price I got this one for I am not going to bitch about the few things that are a pain in the butt.

You should deal with some of the people I have to deal with, spoiled rotten. :haha:

and as far as how far I will take this rig?? I don't know for sure, so far the 235's are enough for what I am planing to do. I was done with the who has what a long time ago. The penis fight gets old after a while of doing this.:;

Last edited: