• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dude, check out this Rover.

Kelly said:
Don't believe it for a second....Prove me wrong. I've parked next to many of thoes english POS's, and they're larger then a ZJ.

craig said:
The pics in this thread are of the Range Rover Classic (RRC). Here are the measurements

Mostly from wikipedia. RRC length came from (http://www.4x4xfox.co.uk/factsheets.asp):

ZJ:
Wheelbase: 105.9 in (2690 mm)
Length: 176.7 in (4488 mm)
Width: 69.2 in (1758 mm)

RRC:
Wheelbase: 2540 mm
Length: 4470 mm
Width: 1780 mm

:haha: :haha: :haha:

SMACK!

Jaydog said:
Look at the link "UK" says it all.
why do you say that??

I owned a few Jeeps in my day, 1 TJ, 1 LJ, 3 XJ's, all wheelers except 1 XJ wich was my X SO's rig.

you don't see me being prejudice. :;

Jaydog said:
I just like American products.:D
not much American left in a Jeep, they used to have a Toyota based trans and the parent Company is out of Germany now for years.

but, to each his own, no offence taken.

Jaydog said:
I just like American products.:D

That's fine, but it has nothing to do with fitting a truck down a trail or not. I prefer to buy locally myself and can respect that you want to buy American.

These days Land Rover is owned by Ford and Jeep is owned by the Germans. Although, I think Jeep was American during the ZJ era, and Land Rover was still UK owned during the RRC (before passing hands to BMW, and then Ford). Of course, most of the Land Rovers we are talking about are all passing hands in the used USA market, so we are all buying American at this point.

--Craig

CrustyJeep said:
Learn to read. The ZJ is a whole whopping 12 mm longer than the RRC. It's also 22 mm NARROWER.

Read the thread. Your just posting what SeaRubi already said, and that Karl disagreed with, which is the reason the specs were posted.

Nobody's slamming on the ZJ. It's all about having fun wheeling in the PNW. Personally, I don't care if the guys I'm wheelin with are in Jeeps, Toyotas, Land Rovers, etc. Just know that if a Land Rover comes along with your group that he/she will do just fine. They aren't a fat-ass, unibody, leaf sprung, no low range, POS. They were designed to go off-road, they just put leather on the seats of some of them. :)

--Craig

Last edited:
craig said:
Read the thread. Your just posting what SeaRubi already said, and that Karl disagreed with, which is the reason the specs were posted.

Nobody's slamming on the ZJ. It's all about having fun wheeling in the PNW. Personally, I don't care if the guys I'm wheelin with are in Jeeps, Toyotas, Land Rovers, etc. Just know that if a Land Rover comes along with your group that he/she will do just fine. They aren't a fat-ass, unibody, leaf sprung, no low range, POS. They were designed to go off-road, they just put leather on the seats of some of them. :)

--Craig
No use in trying to explain things like this to some people, they won't listen. Ignorance and a narrow mind will always get in the way, and the truth hurts. :;

this is not intended to any one person, but I am sure the context will be twisted to whoever's favor. :haha: :;

Dude said:
No use in trying to explain things like this to some people, they won't listen. Ignorance and a narrow mind will always get in the way, and the truth hurts. :;

this is not intended to any one person, but I am sure the context will be twisted to whoever's favor. :haha: :;

Your land rover sucks. End of discussion.

J/k you coming wheeling with us on Sat?

craig said:
I was referring to Dude's lame little "SMACK".

You Rover guys take **** too personally. What is it with you guys, does driving a :rb: British grocery getter twist your panties up in a bunch or what?

:flipoff:

Seriously, ever since Dude got a Rover, he's been stuffier than Prince Charles with a stub shaft up his ass.

CrustyJeep said:
I was referring to Dude's lame little "SMACK".

You Rover guys take **** too personally. What is it with you guys, does driving a :rb: British grocery getter twist your panties up in a bunch or what?

Seriously, ever since Dude got a Rover, he's been stuffier than Prince Charles with a stub shaft up his ass.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

SMACK :haha: :flipoff:

CrustyJeep said:

well it's like this, I have always known about Rovers and what they can do.

take a stock Toy, Jeep, Nissan, Mazda, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, whatever with 31's and all stock and tell me about what rig would wheel the best.

I have been around and have built a few Jeeps in particular, all you do is through a bunch of money at them to get them to work, then the penis envy sets in and oh boy. Big ass tires 60's bla bla bla.

Basically I am more tired of the **** talk on here than anything.

Most of the people on here do not act the same in person, that aggravates me to no end.

As for me? I am an arrogant asshole who does know way more than most on here give me credit for.

I also do make good money, not bad for a high school drop out, that "is" self educated.
and can prove that too with a W2 if anybody doesn't believe me.

and I really don't like smart ass kids.

anything else?? :corn:

I am a realist, and brutally honest, and will call out anybody that is full of ****. :;

oh and I forgot, an eastside guy. :flipoff:

Last edited:
Dude said:
well it's like this, I have always known about Rovers and what they can do.

take a stock Toy, Jeep, Nissan, Mazda, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, whatever with 31's and all stock and tell me about what rig would wheel the best.

I have been around and have built a few Jeeps in particular, all you do is through a bunch of money at them to get them to work, then the penis envy sets in and oh boy. Big ass tires 60's bla bla bla.

Basically I am more tired of the **** talk on here than anything.

Most of the people on here do not act the same in person, that aggravates me to no end.

As for me? I am an arrogant asshole who does know way more than most on here give me credit for.

I also do make good money, not bad for a high school drop out, that "is" self educated.
and can prove that too with a W2 if anybody doesn't beleive me.

and I really don't like smart ass kids.

anyting else?? :corn:

I am a realist, and brutally honest, and will call out anybody that is full of ****. :;

:rolleyes: