• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

EOR 321 "Big Sexy" Build...

Well here we are without further adieu.
DSCN0797.sized.jpg

DSCN0798.sized.jpg

DSCN0799.sized.jpg

Well it looks really tall in the pics but it aint so bad. 6'4" to the tallest point. I can live with that for a Rockwell rig on 47's. When I get further into mockup I will lower it if I can but not gonna reinvent the wheel to do so.

Well no progress on the buggy lately. Money has been tight due to pay cuts at work. Let me run this across you guys. I got my little Yota truggy I have been thinking about dismantling to supply parts for the 321. The Yota has 60/14 bolt, linked, 4 wheel discs and brand new PSC full hydro. If I sell the Rocks and 47's that would net around $3500-4000 bucks. Enough to buy my Atlas, get the TH400 built up, wiring harness/tune from Jims Performace, and possibly my front coilovers. That would only leave me with buying seats/harnesses, shifter, guages, radiator, steering shaft/wheel, misc. brackets and a bunch of nickle and dime stuff. I could sell off the rest of the Toyota (dual cases w/4.7's in the back), 22RE and 5 speed, nice body setup for links, tubed flatbed, stinger bumper with winch mount and possibly the 39.5's on 17" H2 wheels. Could use that loot to buy the rest of what I need and get some 42's perhaps. What ya'll think? Again Im just brainstorming.....nothing in stone AT ALL!

Glen1978 said:
Well no progress on the buggy lately. Money has been tight due to pay cuts at work. Let me run this across you guys. I got my little Yota truggy I have been thinking about dismantling to supply parts for the 321. The Yota has 60/14 bolt, linked, 4 wheel discs and brand new PSC full hydro. If I sell the Rocks and 47's that would net around $3500-4000 bucks. Enough to buy my Atlas, get the TH400 built up, wiring harness/tune from Jims Performace, and possibly my front coilovers. That would only leave me with buying seats/harnesses, shifter, guages, radiator, steering shaft/wheel, misc. brackets and a bunch of nickle and dime stuff. I could sell off the rest of the Toyota (dual cases w/4.7's in the back), 22RE and 5 speed, nice body setup for links, tubed flatbed, stinger bumper with winch mount and possibly the 39.5's on 17" H2 wheels. Could use that loot to buy the rest of what I need and get some 42's perhaps. What ya'll think? Again Im just brainstorming.....nothing in stone AT ALL!

sell the yota complete and finish what you have started with the Rocks or part the yota out and finish what you have. I did something similar to what you described above for my last buggy and i never was happy. Now I am building a completely new chassis(more money). Granted this one will be off the hook for getting a rocwell rig down in the weeds, but none the less I wouldn't be doing this now if I had went ahead with what I had planned instead of basically doing what you described above. Any just my 2 and 1/2 cents.