• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek issues

Sorry that I live in the North sound.

Sorry that I am currently unemployed.

Sorry, I'm just trying to tell a "guy" as $ Mark would say it what my opinion is.

Sorry, Guess I can't state my opinion without someone getting butthurt.

Iam unemployed when it comes to a hourly job.... but I do odds n in jobs to get by...:awesomework:

oh and lots of south enders head up to the DNR meetings regarding Reiter:eeek:....

not butt hurt... The web is a great place to spend hours upon hours "talking" about our trails n wheeling, but the DNR and USFS pays attention to those who show up... dont take it as a attack to those who dont show up, its those who go out of there way to avoid showing up then bitching..kinda like voting, dont do it? then DONT BITCH!:awesomework:

I have never seen any thing to state a width restriction?

The ORV maps say nothing about width restrictions and they are put out by the sherrif dept that patrols teh areas.

Where did the info come from?

Its listed in the original forest plan for Evans creek. Its also on the "roads" map that the FS has. The map was made by a PNW4WDA member(**** Lusink if I remember right) and given to the FS for their use.

Many years ago when the PNWFWDA was building the trails they gave the USFS the average width of flatfender Jeeps and CJs that were about the only vehicles to use the trails. 40 years later the vehicles have changed but the rules have not.

Are you sure about that. The FS already had a rule in place when Evans was built. Please quit trying to throw the PNW4WDA under the bus at every oppertunity.:awesomework:

:corn: So uh, how long is this here thread gunna go on? pretty easy for all the tough guy web wheelers to throw there likes n dislikes around and bitch with out EVER going to a focus group meeting or showing up and helping work on the trails...:looser:

Whether you like it or not--alot of good ideas/brain storms are done thru these forums be it here or elsewhere.

Lets face it there are folks who flat outr won't get involved on the ground or at meetings. We have seen this time and time again but those very people will spend some time reading these issues to at least be educated and not make our fight/battle worse.

Plain and simply putting those folks down is counterproductive to our cause.

Are you sure about that. The FS already had a rule in place when Evans was built. Please quit trying to throw the PNW4WDA under the bus at every oppertunity.:awesomework:

Didnt the PNWFWDA reccomend to the USFS the vehicle width for the Naches area and then the Evans Creek area when it was built?

Its listed in the original forest plan for Evans creek. Its also on the "roads" map that the FS has. The map was made by a PNW4WDA member(**** Lusink if I remember right) and given to the FS for their use.

**** Lusink was in the eldarado dust devils with us he drove a modified sammy hehe

Jesus christ... seriously...? You guys are all butt hurt over some rock at the entrance to the 311 trail? You guys realize that the main obstacles are up the hill from there... right?

:eeek::rolleyes::shaking:

Didnt the PNWFWDA reccomend to the USFS the vehicle width for the Naches area and then the Evans Creek area when it was built?

Before my time but you do realize that Many of the decissions made in the FS are made in the "other" washington dont you. The forest service is nation wide and their rules generaly apply the same way.

:corn: So uh, how long is this here thread gunna go on? pretty easy for all the tough guy web wheelers to throw there likes n dislikes around and bitch with out EVER going to a focus group meeting or showing up and helping work on the trails...:looser:

Your attitude in the thread ****ing sucks.:eeek:
Your message is a good one, but your attitude just plain sucks.
Ease up, calm down, take a deep breath.

That type of animosity towards a bunch of people you DON'T KNOW on a web forum isn't going to help anything.
Personally, I can make it to some of the work parties, but the focus groups and meetings and whatnot are usually at a time when I just can't make it.

And someone please go OK me on w.o.w. :D

Last edited:
Before my time but you do realize that Many of the decissions made in the FS are made in the "other" washington dont you. The forest service is nation wide and their rules generaly apply the same way.

I know it was a long time ago but how did the USFS come up with the width guidelines? Did someone from the USFS measure vehicles on the trail or did they consult an association, club, focus group or someone else involved in offroading back then?

I know it was a long time ago but how did the USFS come up with the width guidelines? Did someone from the USFS measure vehicles on the trail or did they consult an association, club, focus group or someone else involved in offroading back then?

I wouldnt know. you could contact some of our "senior" officers (info in tripower or website) and ask or contact the FS and ask. Heck even Murk might be able to answer that question.

I wouldnt know. you could contact some of our "senior" officers (info in tripower or website) and ask or contact the FS and ask. Heck even Murk might be able to answer that question.

Width Restrictions date back as far as I can remember. Every Forest Plan has had them. As Forest Plans are updated so are the Width Restrictions. Currently the new plans have 80" to as big as a Logging Truck depending on trail difficulty. The old standards also included the logging truck as well as the lesser more restrictive measurements. Again it depended on the trail difficulty. Also note these standards were and are nationwide.

I would not worry about width restrictions. Instead worry about "Seasonal Closures" as that type of a restriction will be in place very soon.

I would not worry about width restrictions. Instead worry about "Seasonal Closures" as that type of a restriction will be in place very soon.

Seasonal closures at least at Walker Valley have been shown to be ineffective and scientifically unfounded... but I will point out that the 4x4 community was supportive of seasonal closures while the motorcycle community rallied against them.

Width Restrictions date back as far as I can remember. Every Forest Plan has had them. As Forest Plans are updated so are the Width Restrictions. Currently the new plans have 80" to as big as a Logging Truck depending on trail difficulty. The old standards also included the logging truck as well as the lesser more restrictive measurements. Again it depended on the trail difficulty. Also note these standards were and are nationwide.

Already working on getting that reversed. Its going to be a long fight though.

Already working on getting that reversed. Its going to be a long fight though.

With the type of damage I've already seen from this Memorial Weekend where iresponisble indivduals will not restrain themselves and have no respect for the trail system. I fully expect to see seasonal closures enacted with Special Orders temporarily closing the trail systems. Somewhat like the Naches did last year.

With the type of damage I've already seen from this Memorial Weekend where iresponisble indivduals will not restrain themselves and have no respect for the trail system. I fully expect to see seasonal closures enacted with Special Orders temporarily closing the trail systems. Somewhat like the Naches did last year.

What I've always wondered, is how is it that no one ever seems to see people doing this kind of stuff? We all seem to see the result but responsible individuals and the LEOs never seem to be able to catch anyone in the act.