• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

Everything I hear is hear say so here you go.
Asking price is 1.5 mill
There is someone looking at the whole park but they are still doing there home work on the sport and other things to do with the place.
Southern is not paying enough to cover the taxes for a year.
They (Southern) will lie about the amount of money they receive from the Dixie run. If you don't believe me ask.
They (Southern) want out of the park because of the leaf looker and mall crawlers clubs can't get around it (Jeeps and wrenches) plus they are the ones spending the money.

El Diablo said:
They (Southern) want out of the park because of the leaf looker and mall crawlers clubs can't get around it (Jeeps and wrenches) plus they are the ones spending the money.

Makes total sense.

El Diablo said:

GMP has gotten a little rough for the leaf lookers. I wish that there was more middle ground between the two types of off road person but there doesnt seem to be. It's either mall crawler on cock stars or rock bouncers killin' hill :tc :driving:

jeeptj99 said:
GMP has gotten a little rough for the leaf lookers. I wish that there was more middle ground between the two types of off road person but there doesnt seem to be. It's either mall crawler on cock stars or rock bouncers killin' hill :tc :driving:

GMP is only a couple hundred acres of actual trails, there just isn't enough room to put long winding easy trails.

Although I can make a day of riding there in a Tacoma on 31s, so a street Jeep on 35s/37s and shouldn't have an issue of playing around in the woods.

"Jeeps and Wrenches" has meetings at O'Charleys at 4:00 PM on a Saturday, so yeah, the offroading is pretty serious. laughing1

Ideally the new owner would look at buying some neighboring land and expanding the park (and expanding farming/forestry management opportunity)

That's happy hour so they may be on to something there...... No i get what you're saying. It's hard for a park to have something for everyone i get it. They will tend to cater towards a certain crowd at some point.

Agree, trail maintenance was crap when we were there a month ago. Down trees everywhere. One green trail we went down had a massive cave open up. 40ft to the bottom of the cave right in the middle of the trail where nobody could see it. My tire fell in the hole and I about front flipped, luckily my stinger saved me, hit so hard it bent the tubing back 3".

Agree about the dual purpose need. JK crowd must be catered to and they like the long blue trails. I really think this could happen here along with many many more buggy trails on this property if the right people were there. Lots of options for new trails both easy and extreme.

Any other info on the potential purchaser and intentions? I haven't spoken to Jayne yet.

trail maintenance has always been an issue, and there is the balance of "bull doze the trail" type trail maintenace vs lots of manual labor.

I know I (and many others) have burned many gallons of saw gas up there, but I don't ride like I used to, and don't have a crawler anymore.

I understand that people don't want to "work" on their "vacations", but I feel that to some extent "trail maintenance" like moving downed trees, trimming back limbs, etc is partly user responsibility (or users should take pride helping out at least).

One year before dixie run, they bulldozed all the main trails and loop trails, everyone bitched about that too since they were "too easy".

Last time I went up to my property on Alpine, I had to cut through 2 tree falls crossing the WMA, the SXS/ATV crowd that mainly uses that area had just made off-trail bypasses.

bbtank45 said:
Hope it gets purchased and remains a park....went there for the first time in August, had a great time despite the super wet conditions.

One of the guys in our group got swallowed by the hole on Trail 2.
20180810_162902 by Ben Burwinkel, on Flickr

Yup that's the one! They poured concrete down the trail just above that hole, but didn't get it far enough down the trail.

haustow said:
Yup that's the one! They poured concrete down the trail just above that hole, but didn't get it far enough down the trail.

We drove past that hole right after it opened up last September and it was probably 10'' around total. Opened up quite a bit in a years time.

ridered3 said:
We drove past that hole right after it opened up last September and it was probably 10'' around total. Opened up quite a bit in a years time.

Different one. The one pictured we didnt drive past. We did it probably late 15 early 16 and a buddy in his xj flopped hard right there. was hilarious.

jeeptj99 said:
Different one. The one pictured we didnt drive past. We did it probably late 15 early 16 and a buddy in his xj flopped hard right there. was hilarious.

Ah gotcha. Glad we avoided that sink hole then.

Nap time!
8dd9bba1c48084dd75d7697ac695ffdb.png