• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

I agree it would have been a waste of time for Southern to try and "help" GMP, what they should have been doing was pooling resources to buy it. I honestly think it would be within the reach of a club like Southern if they knew what they were doing, which they do not.

wizzo said:
I don't know how much "help" GMP accepted from SFWDA. I think GMP only rented the park to SFWDA for Dixie Run and that was it. I could be wrong.

You are correct

TBItoy said:
People probably don't remember that GMP has closed twice already that I know of since it has been an offroad park.

And it's closed as a business probably a half dozen times over the past 30 years.

Yeah I recall those closures. Over the 10-12 years of GMP being an off-road park, how many different Park Managers etc have there been?

Right off I recall Jimmy Howell, Rocky (now with Wide Open Design), forgot a few, then Anthony.

ridered3 said:
Yeah I recall those closures. Over the 10-12 years of GMP being an off-road park, how many different Park Managers etc have there been?

Right off I recall Jimmy Howell, Rocky (now with Wide Open Design), forgot a few, then Anthony.

That gives me hope.

Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park - Closing

TBItoy said:
Most of the structures are from 30 years ago. Dirt track/Moto cross about 15-20. It's been an off-road park for ~10.

They did the wedding thing a lot a few years ago. I got married there.

BUT to other non-wheeling people looking to rent out the big pavilion/wedding pavilion, they weren't very up-front about what to expect at an off-road park on a nice weather weekend in the spring/summer.

Plus the RV campground is up right behind the wedding area, so rigs would be going back and forth to camp during wedding stuff.

Unless the wedding party wanted to rent the whole park to themselves, but most didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, it would be a challenge, but for someone with business sense, they could figure out how to work both. There is big money in wedding venues these days, so it would be worth the effort, imo.

zukimaster said:
Mountainside changed managers a couple of times, but never closed and reopened.

It wasn't mountainside I forgot what it was called. Now it's like boggin on the plains or some **** there was a thread on here a while back about it.

jeeptj99 said:
It wasn't mountainside I forgot what it was called. Now it's like boggin on the plains or some **** there was a thread on here a while back about it.

I think you are talking about GAP - Great American Park, Auburn, AL

I believe zukimaster is saying that at mountainside, it never closed & reopened before it finally closed down. Just had manager changes.

Yeah no kidding. They did have both gate locks actually locked instead of dummy locked, so a little more effort was put forth.

thats gmp for ya.
i wonder if theres any effort to sell it.hard to sell if no one knows its for sale

rockwell 1 said:
thats gmp for ya.
i wonder if theres any effort to sell it.hard to sell if no one knows its for sale

The Luke and I were talking about that Saturday night. Neither of us have seen any postings/listings for it so far online. Since I was semi in the area, decided to go take a look for myself.

tonybolton said:
Be a cool place to film a horror movie. :)

Went to take a shower on top of the hill towards the left in that old snack shed thing they had going on and at night it was trippy. Lots of weird noises and stuff. That place would mess with you at night. I miss it.

Yup is fs. She is only selling the 300 acre portion. The side where moon rock and the cows are , was told her husbands kids are keeping that. Approx 200 acre. Think its 1.2 or 1.6 mil. Cant recall. I was there with a group on the last weekend. Buddy that was there may chime in . He has had direct contact with her as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk