• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Guns: What Do You Carry

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
I carry a Beretta 9mm in my truck with me always. I have a Keltec .380 on order that I think just came in last week. Just gotta go by and pick it up. I have shot the Keltec 32 and is nice. It is small enough to fit in my back pocket yet doesnt want to jump out of your hand when you shoot it. I'm not so sure about the .380 though. Guess I'll find out! pepper.gif Like Nolen said... I can drive tacks with my 9mm. I love it! I know why they were so popular with the law enforcement.

I shot one a while back...you'll like it...its a fun little gun to shoot. Iv'e been on the list with the guys Iv'e been buying stuff from for about a month now but all the local cops seem to be buying them for backups. I almost bought one at the gun show a couple of weeks back but all they had were the green and black two tone ones.

Check out the Taurus Judge, it a .45/410 revolver. Not real good for concealed carry, but would be the ultimate in your vehicle gun.

For carrying concealed, I like the kel tec .380 and the "baby" Glock 26 9mm sub compact.

wngrog said:
Funny, you stick it up their nose and the .22 is just fine.

Still, the point to a carry weapon is to surprise the one that thinks he has the drop on you and the rest of the folks eating at McDonalds. I don't want to be that guy that has to stand there and take that **** from some crackhead.

No way you will carry a bigger gun than I have in your pocket. Mine is about the max there. I don't want to wear a holster. I also don't want a $700 gun sitting in my car all of the time waiting for some shithead to come by and steal it like they did Joel.

Well said. I totally agree.
I had the S&W 40 cal first, but would never take it anywhere because it is huge and heavy. Now with the .380, I carry alot more often. No need to have a C&C if your gun is at home or in the truck.

anyone got opinions on the Kahr 40 or 9mm for CC? just a touch bigger than the keltecs but with alot more power. Expensive though

I shot a Kahr 40 cal not too long ago and I couldn't hit **** with it. :dunno: Not sure if I just wasn't used to that gun or if it just sucked. The owner had me shoot it cause she was having trouble with it as well. That's my only experience with a Kahr.

I carry a S&W hamerless 38. You can't hit real good over 20 yards, but it will shure get someones attention.

draggbody said:
i bought this skyy 9mm... its cheap, like $225, its light and little, stick it in your pocket and it hides nice...

http://skyyfirearms.com/gun_cpx-1tt.html

9mm.jpg

I like that, the price seems reasonable for a new weapon too..... thanks for the link.

OK, so what are the laws in AL about having the pistola on your person.

I know if KS you have to register any firearms ( in Johnson County anyway ) with the city but I never looked into it much and never had done it :eek:

I dont honestly know nor have I looked into the laws in AL

P said:

I know if KS you have to register any firearms ( in Johnson County anyway ) with the city but I never looked into it much and never had done it :eek:

You have to go to the Sheriff's office and get a carry permit to have it on your person or in your car I believe. I have one, they are like $7 and have to be renewed yearly.

I don't carry a gun at all times, but I have a Taurus 9mm in the beside table and I trained the wife to use it also!

InDaShop said:
depends on the state. Texas you have to have one to have it in your vehicle.
x2

In NC you can open carry, which included putting the gun on your dashboard. However, if you want it in your glove box, under the seat, etc. you need a concealed carry license. It's a good idea to get one anyway just so you're covered. I know with an NC license you're pretty much covered in the entire southeast and a good chunk of the north east.

In NC it's kind of a PITA to get one. You need to pass a training course and shooting proficiency test. Everybody in my class passed so it's not that high of a bar to clear but it's a lot more than just filling out a simple form. On the bright side, it's accepted by at least as many states as any other.

P said:

Don't get it for just one pistol. Get it so you can carry any gun with you. Cost about 5 buck more, but you can carry any gun you have with you.

You fill ou a piece of paper and they run a background check on you in Bama. I did not register a gun though, can carry whichever one I want

P said:
Thanks Matt and Haley, thats what i needed to know. thumb.gif

I think you have to have 3 people sign their name to it also, but wit your military background you might be covered on that.

glock .45 b/t the house and truck now...

researching shotguns....want something tactical-like....just because...looking at tactical rem 870's and some like this FN swat model....

my brother in law is local narcotics/swat seargent and is gonna hook me up when i pony up the $....
fn_tactical_shotgun.jpg

wontwork said:
I think you have to have 3 people sign their name to it also, but wit your military background you might be covered on that.

You do, go down to the Sheriff's Office by the Civic Center and get a form or go to a gun dealer and get one there. Fill it out, have 3 people be references. Take it back and then wait your two weeks and go back and pay for your permit and now you can carry a gun anywhere. Gotta love Bama!

Buying guns once you have a CC is easier here as well. Buy a new gun, show um your card, and they wont have to run all the normal checks, NC last every 5 or 8 years 8 I am pretty sure.

Matt O. said:
You do, go down to the Sheriff's Office by the Civic Center and get a form or go to a gun dealer and get one there. Fill it out, have 3 people be references. Take it back and then wait your two weeks and go back and pay for your permit and now you can carry a gun anywhere. Gotta love Bama!

Fawesome, so legality wise say you have one in the whip and get pulled over. Do you need to first thing just say, sir i have a weapon in my car and have a permit for it. or for that matter if you are carrying it. Whats protocol LEGALLY

I always wonder more about real world situations when you do come in contact with law enforcment covering your ass 100% so there is never any reason for you to have to "explain" yourself in court. I dont like talking to the judge. laughing1

P said:
Fawesome, so legality wise say you have one in the whip and get pulled over. Do you need to first thing just say, sir i have a weapon in my car and have a permit for it. or for that matter if you are carrying it. Whats protocol LEGALLY

I always wonder more about real world situations when you do come in contact with law enforcment covering your ass 100% so there is never any reason for you to have to "explain" yourself in court. I dont like talking to the judge. laughing1

Well don't really know about that. I don't have a permit, and I don't tell them that I have it with me, but I am gona get a permit soon.