• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Guns: What Do You Carry

I hacked the barrel of an 870 to 18'', pukked the plug and painted it pink. Julie keeps it locked up in the closet next to her side. Figured the sound of a shell getting racked into an 870 is almost like pulling the trigger. I wanted her to be able to make that noise inside the door if anyone was outside and they wanted her to possibly hit something if ever forced to use it.

P said:
Fawesome, so legality wise say you have one in the whip and get pulled over. Do you need to first thing just say, sir i have a weapon in my car and have a permit for it. or for that matter if you are carrying it. Whats protocol LEGALLY

I always wonder more about real world situations when you do come in contact with law enforcment covering your ass 100% so there is never any reason for you to have to "explain" yourself in court. I dont like talking to the judge. laughing1

I think it is always a good idea to disclose that you have a weapon in the car when you are stopped. Always have your permit with you so you are legal

S&W .357. The first 2 rounds are snake shot, next 2 are lead tipped, and last 2 are hollow points. Get there attention first, then put a couple in them, and finally rip there **** up if it comes to that. Yes, I am permitted and trained by the State boys. Just hope to never have to use them. :flipoff1:

Matt O. said:
I think it is always a good idea to disclose that you have a weapon in the car when you are stopped. Always have your permit with you so you are legal

OK so next question, if anyone knows. What do I need to do to legally own the SKS ?

used to be a site, packing.org or packin.org. Had all the 50 state laws and links.
In Ga we can carry in our cars, business and home without a permit if your over 21. I do declare to the officer. If you have a CCP here you don't have to declare, but it's polite.

Mr. Underkill said:
used to be a site, packing.org or packin.org. Had all the 50 state laws and links.
In Ga we can carry in our cars, business and home without a permit if your over 21. I do declare to the officer. If you have a CCP here you don't have to declare, but it's polite.
I read that one has fallen out of date. This is the current hot site: http://www.handgunlaw.us/

As for getting pulled over with a gun, in NC it's the law to tell them you're packing. It's good practice anywhere. Even if you don't have to in AL you might find yourself in KY and who knows what the deal is there?

InDaShop said:
depends on the state. Texas you have to have one to have it in your vehicle.

Well, I meant that you would be wasting your time to get a C&C if you don't actually carry a gun, but it sounded like you took it. :dunno:

In OK, you can have one in your dash with the clip sitting right beside it without a C&C license.

Yeah I just don't think you can have a loaded weapon in your vehicle (hidden or in plain view) without a C&C. If you don't have one, just keep the gun seperate from the clip and you are fine. Rifles and shotguns are long guns, they don't apply to the C&C.

Thats correct, I think the clip has to be out of it, and has to be in plain view with no CCP at least in NC.

I did a bunch of research on this. In NC loaded and on the dashboard is fine, on the seat is mostly fine depending on the cop. However, some towns have "display bans" so you're required to conceal it. CCW is the way to go. Everything else is just a temporary measure while you're waiting for it to come in.

http://www.ncrpa.org/ccwfaq.htm

Thanks for the NC info vanguard. This will be of some help when I get mine in October.

I travel some and like a 9x18 makarov. They're small and thin like most .380s, but, w/ a little more umph. They are also cheap as hell. If I happen to drive through a state that doesn't honor my AL permit, cop finds it or crackhead breaks in vehicle or hotel room,all I'm out is under $200. I've shot a Yugoslav and Czec and own a Hungarian version. All function great and my little Hungarian one will drive tacks.

Don't want to carry my .45 all the time but if I were to have to use a weapon that is the one that I would prefer. (.45 Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Edition) I have my .38 special revolver that I carry a lot more than the .45. I was looking at pistols yesterday and would really like to buy the Beretta PX4 storm .40 sub compact to carry all the time

I'm not real big into guns, but my old man is, and he has given me a few guns over the years. one being a Colt M1911 and the other a 357 Magnum (lil brother to his matching 44 Magnum). Dad always said if I were to ever carry a gun with a permit and get pulled over for speeding or just running a light or something don't disclose that I have one unless they start talking about searching the car, because a new patrol man can sometimes get a lil antsy when you mention that so its best not to make a bad situation worse with someones nerve adding to the situation.

I carry a NAA .22 Magnum. I call it my church gun because even in dress pants you cannot see it in your pocket. It will blow a hole in a 2x4 with the hollow point rounds. I have a glock 45 in the truck. I also have a CWP for Alabama. Unlike MS in alabama you have to have a permit to carry a weapon in your vehicle. Any sherrif site should have a list of the reciprical concealed carry states. Most of the south recipricates except South Carolina. I have two old guys that I hang around with and they both have the NAA .22 Magnums and when I gave them a hard time one day at lunch one guy said that his .22 magnum will do alot more damage if trouble broke out at that resturaunt than my .45 that was sitting out in the truck. He made a good point. I ordered one the next day and got the little leather holster. SLips in and out easy and is fun to shoot.

looking at a little more power today.

Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro .40
Colt Defender .45
Springfield XD40 compact .40

Opinions?

kimber pro cdp 2 mainly, but lately I've been packin a PT1911 I just got.

I turned 21 a couple weeks ago and am planning on getting a kiber pro cary .45 and my CC. loller.gif