• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hmm, NICs is losing it.

twizt3dfuc

HL2OG
From today til further change, as long as you have a valid permit (ccw) issued after august 2013 you no longer need to have a background check called in, you still have to feel out a 4473 but no longer have to wait on approval from the NICs, only provide permit at the time of purchase. I don't know if I like it. Would be great for average Joe but I've been by the book since I started my pawn broker business. So its good news and bad news, so get those permits gentlemen

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how it is elsewhere but in PA you need to re-up every 5 years. I assume the reissues after 2013 would count too?

twizt3dfuc said:
From today til further change, as long as you have a valid permit (ccw) issued after august 2013 you no longer need to have a background check called in, you still have to feel out a 4473 but no longer have to wait on approval from the NICs, only provide permit at the time of purchase. I don't know if I like it. Would be great for average Joe but I've been by the book since I started my pawn broker business. So its good news and bad news, so get those permits gentlemen

Do you have a link to this? Id really like to read more about the change.

Re: Re: Hmm, NICs is losing it.

Beerj said:
I'm not sure how it is elsewhere but in PA you need to re-up every 5 years. I assume the reissues after 2013 would count too?
Yes, its just a way of wording it so that any new issued is valid.

Has been no call in TX if you have your carry for as long as I have had my TX carry...unless you go to dumb places like walmarts or academy gander etc. which their Corp policy states they call regardless.... Another benefit of having your chl in TX. Oh and there is a special line (or used to be) at the Alamo that lets you get ahead of the non card carriers. ;D

creepycrawly said:
Do you have a link to this? Id really like to read more about the change.
https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/permanent-brady-permit-chart

joho75287 said:
Has been no call in TX if you have your carry for as long as I have had my TX carry...unless you go to dumb places like walmarts or academy gander etc. which their Corp policy states they call regardless.... Another benefit of having your chl in TX. Oh and there is a special line (or used to be) at the Alamo that lets you get ahead of the non card carriers. ;D
Alabama is slow man... :D