• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

how much

a couple of our buddys in canada have each of the ax-10's and the son has a rtr, the dad said that with only small mods the rtr out crawls the kit ax-10 that he owns....:awesomework:

well i think that if you put a certin amount of $ in the ready to run rig and put the same amount in the kit the kit will spank it just my opinoin though

a couple of our buddys in canada have each of the ax-10's and the son has a rtr, the dad said that with only small mods the rtr out crawls the kit ax-10 that he owns....:awesomework:

From my experience just like 1:1 wheeling it depends on the terrain. A friend of mine has a set up similar to the RTR (ridiculously tall suspension, no dig, etc...) I have a scratch built rig with ALOT of money into it.

Sometimes he crawls right up and past me other stuff he flops and rolls before he ever gets near my lines.

Les's wifes is also in the same boat, it at times walks right up stuff Les and I struggle on then later we walk right past stuff her's goes tits up on.

I say if you want to just bash around and have a good time buy the kit if you want a serious Comp rig buy a used rig that was set up for comp and rebuild it to suit you or build one from scratch.

Opinions are opinions and everyone has their own experiences.

the one piece that was said so far that holds any weight is buying used will save you money...the key is that only if you plan to use the majority of the parts you are getting. I bought mine used orignally and it sucked, so really it was a waste of $250 as the only thing I am still using is the axle housings (the shafts, pinions, etc have all been replaced). And all the electronics I paid for either crapped out or were crappy and I had to replace. So keep that in mind.

I will say though that Dude's is a great rig and would be worth the $$$ you spend. it would be hard, almost impossible to build a rig as capable for that much money even if you bought used stuff.

You can find good deals buying used stuff, but make sure you know what you are getting. I see a lot of people trying to sell a package of stuff for $600 or more, saying they've put a grand into it. They may have put a grand into it, but if they made poor choices with how they spent the cash, it doesn't do you any good at all.

If buying new, here's what I would do:
New AX10 kit - $210 (www.rpphobby.com)
used Spektrum DX3 $100 -$125
new Hobbico CS170 servo - $90
1300 mha, 3S Lipo pack - $35
Celectra charger - $25 (ebay)
motor - $20
new Tekin FXR ESC - $90
Panther Cougar tires - $36

So for $600, you have good quality stuff, and a good base platform to upgrade with things like bent links, aluminum stuff, dig system, etc, etc. If you can fabricate a new skid plate, and get creative, you can do quite a bit with the stock AX10 geometry to get it to perform better.

You could buy a cheap AM radio, and a cheap servo, but those are things that you will end up upgrading later when they let you down.

If you are buying a used setup, make sure you're getting better stuff than I listed, or negotiate a better price.

Attachments

• DSC00440.jpg
    DSC00440.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 113
joey what kit is that? what'd you pay?

build it, run it, spend some time learning it but be aware most have had poor luck with those tires, so just be willing to swap tires at some point if you don't have good luck.

Also looks like a Novak Rooster speed controller, if it glitches its most likely NOT something you did there are ALOT of people that have issues with those controllers. I had off and on problems with it until i switched to my Brushless Rooster Crawler set up.

looks like a promising set up over all.

Latest posts