• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hunting season is close

I've been shooting my bow when I get a chance. I hunt south AL so I'll be waiting until October 25 to sling some arrows this year.

:eat: I can't wait up here In NY, we are headin to Maine next weekend for a bear hunt with the bows and coming back for early season bow season ... Shooting everyday for the last month and can't wait to smoke a few and pack the freezer.. Food plots are growing nicely!

Re:

TBItoy said:
We inherited some mountain property last year so I'm gonna go shoot some hogs and maybe a deer.
Set me up and some hogs and ill do my best to set you up on a deer! Haha. I'd love to kill a hog. Always seemed like it'd be something neat to do

Re: Hunting season is close

My hunting this year will be chasing another Pronghorn. The last ended up top in TX Region 2 but fell 4/8" shy of B&C. I have to try again!

c48ed074a9c23b13a4f603302f6b3535.jpg

I'm also going to go after my first Muley in NM. I'm pretty fired up about that!

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

^ Damn jealous of those Pronghorns on the wall BJ. Thats on the bucket list for sure.

NC opens Sept 13 for bow. I may do some hunting on gamelands or at my girlfriends family property in the mtns just to get my fix, but I usually wait for first week in October when season opens on the property I hunt in VA. Bear and Deer season overlap there so you never know what you may come off the mtn with. Taking a week off of work to hunt at the beginning of bow and possibly doing the same once muzzleloader opens which is usually peak rut for us there. I finally broke down and built a new bow after hunting with the same old PSE Beast for about 6 years. Ready to try this thing out on something other than targets.

Leaving out for Wyoming Sept 27 and plan on being there for 2 weeks hunting Muley's and a few Antelope does. Buddy is going after a Antelope buck. Got private land hookup for the Antelope. I will be on public

Re:

Had been seeing a hoss (17"+ wide heavy 8pt) around one of my plots put a camera up 3 weeks ago and that joker has disappeared, got a few pics of him last year and actually let him walk during late rifle season while hunting with my bow in the same area so he would grow some more. Maybe he will show up again and offer my the same opportunity as last year b/c he is definitely a shooter this time around!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Re:

pjprice said:
Set me up and some hogs and ill do my best to set you up on a deer! Haha. I'd love to kill a hog. Always seemed like it'd be something neat to do

I'm gonna go start baiting them up this weekend. TN is good about letting landowners blast hogs any way they see fit, any time of the year.

I've been counting down the days since last year. Had a very productive summer building food plots, shooting houses, and running cameras. Got a few running around worthwhile.

Re:

TBItoy said:
I'm gonna go start baiting them up this weekend. TN is good about letting landowners blast hogs any way they see fit, any time of the year.

We actually have land in Petersburg. Just about 20 minutes north of Fayetteville. Hogs haven't made it around that area yet though.

Re:

pjprice said:
We actually have land in Petersburg. Just about 20 minutes north of Fayetteville. Hogs haven't made it around that area yet though.

That's good. Damn things will destroy a nice forested area

Got em all over my lease killed one sat morning freaking hate em haven't got first deer pix since hogs moved in

Re:

I would kinda like to have some piggies around here......I know I know... but free bacon and no closed season or bag limits is hard to beat

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk