• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I got burned yesterday...

kmcminn said:
I agree 100%. I always take someone with me whenever money changes hands. Like you said good to have another set of eyes and ears. Especially, when stuff isn't like it was supposed to be. It's harder for someone to do the "no I didn't say that" stuff when 2 people seen it. Hate it happened creepy crawler.

The **** of it is that it's written in text. I actually hate word of mouth and prefer text because I can be saved and reviewed if necessary. But at the end of the day, he clearly admitted he let it get rained in after assuring me it was good and it doesn't change the fact that I am out $320.

In the Marine Corps, we have 2 sayings. 1. Trust, but verify. 2. In God we trust, everyone else, bring documentation.

I hope this raises awareness for others. Shady folks out there. Don't get got.

creepycrawly said:
The **** of it is that it's written in text. I actually hate word of mouth and prefer text because I can be saved and reviewed if necessary. But at the end of the day, he clearly admitted he let it get rained in after assuring me it was good and it doesn't change the fact that I am out $320.

In the Marine Corps, we have 2 sayings. 1. Trust, but verify. 2. In God we trust, everyone else, bring documentation.

I hope this raises awareness for others. Shady folks out there. Don't get got.

Unfortunately we have all been done like that.

So the next question for me if I'm you is, did it rain just once and topped the pan off with water in the fluid or was it in a flood and driven with water in it?

I own a flood damage daily driver. Trans was filled to the brim with water. I drove it around the block before I pulled the pan. Flushed the cooler, unbolted the VB to drain the converter then ran down the highway. Came back drained it again.

I put about 15k on the trans before I built it to handle the 980hp it cranks out today.

Basically, if the answer was it got rained on in the yard but never ran and there's no rust on the internal bolts, I'd stab it and throw fluid in it and rock.

It's only time you got to lose right? Lol

LightBnDr said:
So the next question for me if I'm you is, did it rain just once and topped the pan off with water in the fluid or was it in a flood and driven with water in it?

I own a flood damage daily driver. Trans was filled to the brim with water. I drove it around the block before I pulled the pan. Flushed the cooler, unbolted the VB to drain the converter then ran down the highway. Came back drained it again.

I put about 15k on the trans before I built it to handle the 980hp it cranks out today.

Basically, if the answer was it got rained on in the yard but never ran and there's no rust on the internal bolts, I'd stab it and throw fluid in it and rock.

Sorry for the derail.....but what kind of daily driver do you have with 980hp?

LightBnDr said:

So when the glue breaks down, it turns into white gummy ****. That is what you see in the drain pan. It was rained in and sat with water in it for several weeks at minimum. I have had his debate with myself already. Why not throw it in and give it a whirl? But I know it's a waste of time and I am listening to my inner demon more.

Manny dropped the mic on yo punk ass!!! :flipoff1:

That sucks horse nuts though! I wouldn't even fawk with a suit over $320, I'd chalk it up as a $320 lesson learned and incentive to investigate like a mf'r next time you buy some used parts.

Can't believe nobody has posted a Caitlin Jenner meme yet! :flipoff1: :stir:

f50ddca49855cb97677a6c7b61fb68c4.jpg

What a ****in douche bag. Ya don't sell broken or bad **** as good **** and if you accidentally miss something you make it right. Period!!! It's just standard non piece of worthless **** ethics that normal folks have.

What exactly is this glue you speak of? I prefer my transmission to be bolted togethor! If i couldnt visually see rust i'd flush the hell out of it. Run and drain and repeat until clear and give it a whirl. I've ran a couple trans that had water in them with no issue. Even filled an aw4 with gear dope to get home one time and it is still to this day pulling fine

creepycrawly said:
So when the glue breaks down, it turns into white gummy ****. That is what you see in the drain pan. It was rained in and sat with water in it for several weeks at minimum. I have had his debate with myself already. Why not throw it in and give it a whirl? But I know it's a waste of time and I am listening to my inner demon more.
Yeah that thing was full of water for more than 24 hours

MoparMan said:
Sorry for the derail.....but what kind of daily driver do you have with 980hp?
Lol you caught it. It runs a mild 300hp on pump fuel, 980hp on off road RED demon race diesel

creepycrawly said:
Come with the converter? Was it full of water? If you stand it up on end does milky fluid come out the converter seal?

Man, run that sucker, flush it out a couple times then decide if it's a boat anchor.

smbroady82 said:
did anyone else expect sunburn pictures when they initially opened this up?

I had a buddy get burned pretty bad about a month ago when he (drunk) douced a jug of alcohol for his drag truck on the fire to get it going better. It definitely got going better, flame flew in the jug and exploded but burnt up real quick so he didn't get burned nearly as bad as he would've had it been a jug of gasoline. ****ed his hands and feet up (wearing sandals) and his side and thigh, but he is recovered now after a month and starting back to work this week.

That's what I had expected when I clicked on the thread :rolf:

Man that sucks. Definitely shouldn't let him get away with that. Though not all tranny pimps are bad. The fella I got mine from said he couldn't guarantee condition and considered them cores but insisted that we pull the pans on all of them (he had at least 10 to pick from) until I found one I was comfortable with.

smbroady82 said:
did anyone else expect sunburn pictures when they initially opened this up?

Don't want to disappoint you. This was me in Japan.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 284
Rjhoward32006 said:
What exactly is this glue you speak of? I prefer my transmission to be bolted togethor! If i couldnt visually see rust i'd flush the hell out of it. Run and drain and repeat until clear and give it a whirl. I've ran a couple trans that had water in them with no issue. Even filled an aw4 with gear dope to get home one time and it is still to this day pulling fine

The glue that holds the friction material to the clutch discs.