• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I got burned yesterday...

LightBnDr said:
Come with the converter? Was it full of water? If you stand it up on end does milky fluid come out the converter seal?

Man, run that sucker, flush it out a couple times then decide if it's a boat anchor.

It did come with a converter. The converter didn't have water in it, but the pan was full full full. The water had been sitting in it for quite a while.

https://michaele7.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/bad-issues-of-transmission-fluid-with-water/

You ever watched YouTube videos of the guy that teaches you how to notch tubing with no notcher? Or the guys that show you how to bend tube with a harbor freight bender without kinking the tube? Or the French guys that built a WOD rig with a kinker? Or even the guys that run an external voltage regulator on dodge diesels instead of replacing a $600 PCM? Or the guy that runs a ballast resistor in the TCC circuit of an old Buick wiring harness to trick the PCM into thinking its in lockup to keep the check engine light off so it will pass a state inspection? (That was me BTW^^^)

Point being, these are all people who said forget what everyone else says, I'm gonna try it. Then it worked.

Like 3 weeks ago when I used a pocket knife to push a dent on a $270,000 Ferrari California. Why? Because a dent guy in Oklahoma said it couldn't be repaired

So how you gonna know man? When you get over being pissed at manny, put it in then post up how horribly it does

LightBnDr said:
You ever watched YouTube videos of the guy that teaches you how to notch tubing with no notcher? Or the guys that show you how to bend tube with a harbor freight bender without kinking the tube? Or the French guys that built a WOD rig with a kinker? Or even the guys that run an external voltage regulator on dodge diesels instead of replacing a $600 PCM? Or the guy that runs a ballast resistor in the TCC circuit of an old Buick wiring harness to trick the PCM into thinking its in lockup to keep the check engine light off so it will pass a state inspection? (That was me BTW^^^)

Point being, these are all people who said forget what everyone else says, I'm gonna try it. Then it worked.

Like 3 weeks ago when I used a pocket knife to push a dent on a $270,000 Ferrari California. Why? Because a dent guy in Oklahoma said it couldn't be repaired

So how you gonna know man? When you get over being pissed at manny, put it in then post up how horribly it does

Challenge accepted.

I agree. Do it Drue. Hell you know I would have already had that bitch in. To many of these guys have ran trans with water in it. Hell I woulda tried it before reading these comments. I dam sure would now. Plus manny promised it was good. ;D

LightBnDr said:
YOr even the guys that run an external voltage regulator on dodge diesels instead of replacing a $600 PCM? Or the guy that runs a ballast resistor in the TCC circuit of an old Buick wiring harness to trick the PCM into thinking its in lockup to keep the check engine light off so it will pass a state inspection? (That was me BTW^

**** that dodge voltage regulator bullshit. Did that years ago. Kinda worked. Now replaced the voltage regulator every other month. Still boils and explodes batteries Dash lights on. Burned up my damn amplifier that was wired on that battery. Hopefully not my aux AC compressior. Finally found a company to rebuild/reprogram the computer for $300. Done.

bbone said:
**** that dodge voltage regulator bullshit. Did that years ago. Kinda worked. Now replaced the voltage regulator every other month. Still boils and explodes batteries Dash lights on. Burned up me damn amplifier that was aired on that battery. Hopefully not my aux AC compressior. Finally found a company to rebuild/reprogram the computer for $300. Done.
Nothing like Ben bone coming in to cheer us up with his love and positivity ... Hahahahahaha. :flipoff1:

Re:

infamous1 said:
Run dat fawker! Run, Drain, fill, repeat until fluid is purty.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

There is absolutely no way it will make it 100 miles.

kushKrawlin said:
Ben I'm starting to think your either cursed with trucks... OR maybe, just maybe you drive them like the sadies and Fuk them up! Hahahaha

That dodge ..295k miles. A oil change a year. Tow rig only Paid for and does what it's asked to do....generally.

Also I texted Manny No response

Rjhoward32006 said:
What exactly is this glue you speak of?

patooyee said:
The glue that holds the friction material to the clutch discs.

The adhesive is supposed to be water based so it doesn't dissolve being in oil constantly, introducing water to them makes the glue turn loose. I had all this typed out last night and the phone didn't post it for some reason.

I have pretty much stopped using used parts since I have been screwed so many times lately. Buying used parts is a gamble and it doesn't matter where they come from or what "condition" they are said to be in. Even yards that say they offer a warranty, and price their parts higher because of the warranty, will lie to you and not honor it when issues come up.

The only hope in my eyes is that the converter wasn't full of water, which means it hasn't been ran through the system. If it was full enough to water-bathe the clutches, maybe, but if it was 3" sitting in the bottom and the oil was above that, there is a good chance it will work (depending on how long it was like this). I've ran a couple that got a small drink. had pretty decent luck.

blacksheep10 said:
The only hope in my eyes is that the converter wasn't full of water, which means it hasn't been ran through the system. If it was full enough to water-bathe the clutches, maybe, but if it was 3" sitting in the bottom and the oil was above that, there is a good chance it will work (depending on how long it was like this). I've ran a couple that got a small drink. had pretty decent luck.

My issue is all the glue that came out. Look at the pictures. The white gummy substance in the drain pan pictures...that's the glue.