• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I had an accident...

I'm not hatin on JOOP @ all....I'm just sayin one of my "concerns" is to be sitting IN my buggy ON the back of the truck and have the truck take off!!:haha: Can you imagine the horror:haha:

i think more than a few of us have had that "holy ****" feeling when loading or unloading and learned the leason with out the major damage that joop had to experience!

i don't like the jack stand idea because you can get loaded and still sitting on the stands and not know the tounge load. i do like having swing down ramps with the leg that limit how far down the ass end of the trailer will go but not sit on them after loaded.

I'm not hatin on JOOP @ all....I'm just sayin one of my "concerns" is to be sitting IN my buggy ON the back of the truck and have the truck take off!!:haha: Can you imagine the horror:haha:

ANy different than being dragged across a parking lot by your buggy :D

As soon as the tires hit the ground the truck should have skidded to a halt..

I think thats what happened..

Why yes I can. A lot went through my head as this sucker was going down hill. It was not fun at all. :redneck:

several years ago i was working in arlington down on 67th near the south end of the airport. i was up in the air working out of my bucket truck when i heard thing bang and a whining noise, i look up the hill from where i was working and this uhaul truck was barrleing down the street with a man running along side trying to get in the door, well the truck vears to the left a bit jumps the curb goes thru the front yard and crashs thru 3 cars before stopping.

i was trying to figure out the best option if the truck had continued down the hill towards me stuck in the air with no exscape!:eeek:

what happened was they were trying to load a riding lawn mower and they kept losing traction trying to clib the ramp they where using, so they took a run at it and the ramp slipped and fell to the bumper and the mower rear ended the truck and knocked it out of park and away it went!

moral of the story.... wheel chocks!:awesomework:

This is why it is just safer to drive your wheeling rig to and fro, there may have been a couple bus loads of kids standing right there..:corn:

ANy different than being dragged across a parking lot by your buggy :D

It didn't so much drag me as it knocked me down and ran over me. I popped up and hobbled after it and stopped it. Tore a bunch of crap in my knee and a couple bumps and bruises....meh. Mostly embarrasing:haha:

BOT: JOOPs deal could of ended much worse but thankfully it didn't:awesomework:

Wow glad no one got hurt
But I think everyone has some story to tell when it comes to loading something on a trailer

To add to the 4WD comment, in case it wasn't obvious, 4WD low range. Take a lot of pressure off the parking pawl.

Joop, at least you didn't hit your tow rig, with your own Jeep while partially running yourself over with no one driving either.

For you guys with cheap angle iron frame trailers, loading with unsupported rear corners can bend your trailer or bow it over time.

Just food for thought. I see allot of wheelers load with no ramps or corner stands.

wasn't there some one who tried to load thier wheeler into the back of thier truck from the trailer while on the move???? :eeek::stirpot::rolleyes:

For you guys with cheap angle iron frame trailers, loading with unsupported rear corners can bend your trailer or bow it over time.

Just food for thought. I see allot of wheelers load with no ramps or corner stands.
you bring up a good point. as far as supporting both sides.

the back of my trailer is pretty solid, as is the frame. but i always use a single jackstand in the middle, between the ramps.

ive considered building some simple drop down stands for each side. never gotten to it tho....

Go build a Kia :flipoff:
**** I am a Heep Guy duh:fawkdancesmiley:. NO Kia's in my future.:haha: Oh btw Joopy there Is a trick to loading a rig properly on a trailer it called common sense. Its something you can't buy.:fawkdancesmiley::D

Last edited: