• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I'll give you a tip !!!!!

I have a $4 minimum at ANY sit down restaurant. At Waffle House my All Star is usually $11 with coffee, I still do $4. After that it's 15%. I did one time tip a guy at Cracker Barrel $100 on Christmas Eve. I asked him why a man his age (50's?) with carpenter's hands was working at a restaurant on Christmas Eve. He told me he was laid off after Thanksgiving, and just went wherever he could get hired on (2008 crash). He was working his ass off, had kids at home, so I tipped big. He even chased us into the parking lot thinking we had made a mistake, then broke down in tears when we told him it was for him. I sure hope he got every red cent, he earned it.

Fast food I believe is minimum wage for minimum skill, and I've only tipped once and it was at an Arby's to a deaf and mentally handicapped black kid I went to high school with. He kept coming by and refilling my tea and took my trash. I gave him $20.

Damn feels and ****, gonna bust my wallet. :'(

Re:

Kitchen works a lot more than a server does. I can come and do prep, and then cook while my wife comes to serve for a few hours and makes more than me. We don't live off this money, but it's the point that those in the back are usually sweating there butts off to accommodate some burger king order that's not really on the menu and trying not to get buried in tickets to make the customer happy.

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
Kitchen works a lot more than a server does. I can come and do prep, and then cook while my wife comes to serve for a few hours and makes more than me. We don't live off this money, but it's the point that those in the back are usually sweating there butts off to accommodate some burger king order that's not really on the menu and trying not to get buried in tickets to make the customer happy.

In that case, I'd like to apolegize if you've cooked for me. Cooks get my order and say :gtfo: .
molaugh molaugh

Re: Re: I'll give you a tip !!!!!

tonybolton said:
I demand you tell me what your pinion angle is at full suspension droop!! WHY WONT YOU TELL US!?!?!?

Boom :woot: why don't you tell :dunno:

Batmobile Will said:
**** I could give 2 ****s I'm over here :rolf:

Very fitting statement from you! I don't know you personally I've been around watched several races That you competed in and the bounty hill at AOP. Please go somewhere else and troll :gay: :gtfo: :Joc: :flipper:

JJ, I have a question maybe you can answer. Chic-fil-a does the same thing as your places, dickeys bbq and mos bbq. They don't ask for tips on the reciept. If you try to give them tips they will not take one. They are also the most respectful employees I have encountered. I think it's pretty awesome what they do, also that they aren't open on sundays. How is it that they can do that and keep employees, when these places I mentioned have such a high turnover rate?

TBItoy said:
Yep, I'm very thankful that I never got into the food service industry.

I will agree, the "hybrid" restaurants like "Shane's Rib Shack" and such that blur the line between fast food and sit down service make tipping very odd because you are paying before you are served.

We have a Wendy's near the campus that does the same type of "service lite" for sit down customers, employees will walk through and offer refills, offer to bus your table, bring napkins, etc (all from the readily available customer dining area drink & utensil stations). Odd for a Wendy's and I've seen people react strangely to the employees,

I always try to keep cash to tip with so the CC company doesn't cut into that which I feel is a direct transaction (a gift, if you will) and shouldn't be taxed.

If I go out for lunch it's either to hit up 35 cent wings, or 1/2 off day at a local dive bar, so tipping is pretty "mandatory" in my transactions...

If the pizza boy would still pick up a 12 pack on the way to the house like they used to "back in the day" then I'd probably order delievery more often.

Every Wendy's I've been to at lunch time has some old lady that walks around and does that.

Off the subject but, you brought up UPS deliveries. I don't "tip" my UPS guy but when I see him out at the bar I always buy him a beer. He will call me if I have a package that has to be signed for and is bringing heavy packages to the door quite regularly.

As far as Sonic, I am glad they did a drive thru window. If I do go and sit down in the middle I always tip though.

I worked for tips for a few years. The job paid slightly over min wage but tips were available. Cart attendant at a up-scale golf course. We delivered the cart to the member, put their bag on for them. When they came in we would clean their clubs and put them away and pick up the cart. I typically made an extra $10-15 on week days and $20-25 on weekends. I knew the ones who took care of me and avoided the others. If they didn't tip I would make sure I was busy somewhere else and they could do it their damn self. I had several groups that tipped really well that came out and played late into the evening. They always left a $20 on the clip and a six pack in the cooler. I never minded them staying till 9-9:30 on a Friday/Saturday.

kmcminn said:
JJ, I have a question maybe you can answer. Chic-fil-a does the same thing as your places, dickeys bbq and mos bbq. They don't ask for tips on the reciept. If you try to give them tips they will not take one. They are also the most respectful employees I have encountered. I think it's pretty awesome what they do, also that they aren't open on sundays. How is it that they can do that and keep employees, when these places I mentioned have such a high turnover rate?

Now that I think about it. The Dairy Queen in Cullman does the same thing also. You order and fill your drink, they bring you your food, ask if you need anything and come refill your drinks. All this and they will not accept a tip. This DQ and Chic-fil-a are always packed, like can't get a seat packed.

NTIDWELL said:
More so of a gender related tip instead of looks also have a racial percentage but that's a whole other discussion I understand your percentage between waiter/waitress and kitchen being they have to put out a team effort for you to have a successful business but waiter/waitress sharing tips with each other so each one gets an equal amount I don't agree with that's like saying hey every restaurant in your town should put all earned money in a pot and let's divide it out so everyone gets a piece of the pie Wasn't meaning anything direct to you when I was referring to "Obama pot" just referring to wealth sharing Hey it obviously works whatever way your doing it just asking a question And yes I know where my food comes from and that's out of my field along with many others food
:woot:

kmcminn said:
Now that I think about it. The Dairy Queen in Cullman does the same thing also. You order and fill your drink, they bring you your food, ask if you need anything and come refill your drinks. All this and they will not accept a tip. This DQ and Chic-fil-a are always packed, like can't get a seat packed.
Kevin get out of Cullman and see the world buddy. Haha

kmcminn said:

I think you misunderstood me, or I miscommunicated. We do have a tip line on the receipts before you get your food because it is the only chance to do so if you are paying by CC. If you have cash you can wait until after the meal to tip. But tips are not the reason we come to work. The average full-service tipped ee can take home hundreds in tips per night on a busy night. We will be lucky to get to $2000 over the course of 2 weeks to disperse among ALL the employees.

Pretty much all of Chick-Fil-A's business practices, including ee training, retention, pay, etc., are closely-kept secrets. I wish I knew more about them. I have actually researched it and found little. I once hired an ex-Chic-Fil-A ee just to find out and he wouldn't tell me because they made him sign a confidentiality agreement.

I know nothing about Moe's or Dickey's other than that their prices are way higher than mine.

NTIDWELL said:
More so of a gender related tip instead of looks also have a racial percentage

Well, since this is a tip thread and you have made it clear that a male in the service industry is worth half as much as a female, I'm curios what a black male vs. black female's intrinsic value is to you within the service industry. Please expound ...

Also curious as to what I should have been doing with my life since I have been on the wrong track according to you. Basically I guess I'm Caitlyn Jenner in your eyes since I chose a woman's profession for the better part of a decade and then went into the service industry as a life career. What is it that a young male with little to no experience attending classes during the day should be doing for a living after 4pm during the week?

patooyee said:
I think you misunderstood me, or I miscommunicated. We do have a tip line on the receipts before you get your food because it is the only chance to do so if you are paying by CC. If you have cash you can wait until after the meal to tip. But tips are not the reason we come to work. The average full-service tipped ee can take home hundreds in tips per night on a busy night. We will be lucky to get to $2000 over the course of 2 weeks to disperse among ALL the employees.

Pretty much all of Chick-Fil-A's business practices, including ee training, retention, pay, etc., are closely-kept secrets. I wish I knew more about them. I have actually researched it and found little. I once hired an ex-Chic-Fil-A ee just to find out and he wouldn't tell me because they made him sign a confidentiality agreement.

I know nothing about Moe's or Dickey's other than that their prices are way higher than mine.

I have noticed this as well and I have a theory. They make you main-line Prozac in order to work at chickfila. That has to be the happiest bunch of fast food workers I have ever seen and it doesn't matter where you go. They are always in a good mood overall. I am not saying I've never seen someone there having a bad day, but the overall atmosphere is awesome. I would never want to work in the food service industry, but if I had to choose, it would definitely be chickfila.