• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

im lost

chance

I have the skyjacker rock ready 10in kit with coilovers, i brought the coilovers down and didnt put the coil spacers in, so i made it about 7in of lift. I snapped the rear driveline twice, the first time i grinded the rear flang, giving more of a angle(i have the 8.8), and pushed the upper arms back, angling the rear drive line up even more and i didnt even make it two miles down the road snapping the second driveline, any ideas on what the next step is?

its a 98 tj se, i just the driveline from nw drivelines i already have the sye in and i just had them upgrade to the bigger double cv. thanks for the help

the first time it broke at the flang and the second time it broke and the ears at the end of the driveline

When you say that you angled the driveline up do you meen that your axle pinion was facing down or near level, and that adjusting it made the angle closer to straight in line with the drive shaft? I just wanted to clarify because the tendency of a rear axle is for the yoke to try and move up when you apply power. Increasing the pinion angle would only make the situation worse if that angle is high to begin with. Photos would be great if you have some.

could be the complete lack of movment in the ford 1330 parts

I had to change mine to allow for more movment (you said your running a 8.8 which i believe is 1330

He adjusted his pinion angle up as much as he could get away with without putting the coils in a bind. The yolk is pointed just barely below the out put on the t-case. The drive line is maybe a foot long but the jeep is so fricken tall it putts his drive line in a bind.

He adjusted his pinion angle up as much as he could get away with without putting the coils in a bind. The yolk is pointed just barely below the out put on the t-case. The drive line is maybe a foot long but the jeep is so fricken tall it putts his drive line in a bind.

If it is binding it is going to pop every time. Can he lower the Tcase down or lower the whole jeep?

Sounds like he needs to stretch the wheelbase.

In this photo, you can see how steep my pinion angle was with stock wheelbase and the axle doing fun things articulating underneath the jeep.

IMGP2562.JPG

You could try to clearance the flange yoke adapter to keep it from rubbing, lower your jeep some, or extend your wheelbase.

Or another thing to do is to get a 1330 yoke from randys ring and pinion and ditch the flange yoke adapter.

Just a foot long?

After an sye and 8.8 my driveline was 19.5 inches long.

already have that im running a 8.8 and the sye kit i think i know what the issue, i have skyjacker longarms for lowers and homemade rubicon(sleaved short arms) thats not going to work. im going to the 3link in the rear

already have that im running a 8.8 and the sye kit i think i know what the issue, i have skyjacker longarms for lowers and homemade rubicon(sleaved short arms) thats not going to work. im going to the 3link in the rear

3 link in the rear done improperly = rear steer = bad.

Sounds like you need to get a good qoute from a fabricator to do a true 4 link. Call pat at those guys. He will hook you up.