• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is coal creek really that bad?

never had a bad time at windrock. a small group of us were coming up guardrail one time and came across a couple of young guys in a cherokee on 1/2 tons coming down guardrail and slid off the trail just below the cables and attempting to pull themselves back onto the trail with what seemed like a dozen ratchet straps. { at least six}. they were all in one vehicle and no winch and seemed kinda lost.

I did 1 like that and had my 14 year son with me. It was right after New Years,cold and snowing that morning. We unloaded at 9am Sunday and didn't get home until 5.30am the next morning. So no school for him that Monday , I had to call in at work and then I had to call his mother. She had blew my cell phone up with messages and the home phone too. But,the experience taught me a few things. I always carry a few things now._ A cigarette lighter,something to drink,some snacks,a working flash light, and a GREAT WINCH. My son has went with me 1 time since that night. But ,He still calls it The Ride to Hell and Back.HA,HA. I could write pages about what all did go wrong that day and night. THE BOTTOM LINE IS, WE WERE NOT PREPARED FOR WHAT WE GOT INTO THAT DAY!!!! Oh,this happened to me 9yrs ago.