• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is this tire repairable?

Boomer

I bought a pig in a poke. Turned out to have a gash in the shoulder of an otherwise nearly new 35" BFG MT. Also had an innertube inside. When the tire was mounted and the innertube inflated, the cut was not easily seen. Is this tire fixable for use only as a trail spare or is it my new engine carrier? I have already purchased a brand new tire for my dedicated full time spare tire.

BFGMThole.jpg

BFGMThole1.jpg

yeah its already been repaired. That area of the tire can be iffy but appears the correct type patch is used. wonder why the inner tube?

If you got any buddies in the aviation field.. get some "pro-seal".
Put it in, and on the outer cut. This stuff is tuff! and flexible. It will keep **** from grabbing teh outer tear and making it worse.. I've run them like this, as well as a few friends. (after the boot and tube of course) (they use this stuff to seal aircraft fuel tanks, of the wet wing type)

I don't get the question because the tire is already fixed. I'd run it as my spare with no worries or secound thoughts.

tire

if it was me.. I would run no tube.. the tube will twist inside the wheel and it will rip the valve stem off the tube... air it up with no tube see if it holds air with some soapy water...and no huge bulge or anything on the sidewall...and I would run it as a spare... I worked a tire store for 6 years... I have done some shady fixs on my own junk a few times.. kinda like this...good luck

I would run the tire as a spare only that damage has ruined most of the structural integrity of the tire. When the shoulder is damaged it breaks the steel belts apart and lets in the elements causing the worst damage. But ran as spare low speed so not to build up major heat and dont air down and open up wound.