• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JD is coming to Tuscaloosa!

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
Me and a buddy are heading down Sat. Jan 23rd to see Breaking Benjamin Unplugged at Druid City Music Hall, checking that one off the bucket list.

Gonna head down early that day to pregame (drank a bunch of good beer) and got a hotel for that night. Gonna taxi into town and taxi back. What are some go-to spots for good food and beer? Preferably somewhat near Druid City Music Hall?

What about Druid City Brewing Co.? Worth going to?

I know a bunch of you fawkers live down there, which is why I posted here. I never been to Tuscaloosa aside from driving through it on the interstate multiple times.

I live in Tuscaloosa too!? I don't even know where the Druid city music or brewery is? I don't go out or do much though? You need to come out to my place and see it while your in town though!

Edit ok I looked it up it used to be Jupiter! Been there a few times basically you will be in the middle of the strip on the UA! Pleanty of bars right around it as well as places to eat.

Re: Re: JD is coming to Tuscaloosa!

CHASMAN9 said:
Remember, JD's marreed with chilreen. But he can look at the menu, just can't order from it. :flipoff1:
That's a fantastic way to put it! Haha!

Last time I down and stayed with my brother and met up with all the in towners we went to Druid City. It turned was more of a club than what you are thinking.

We ended up at Rhythm and Brews. I suggest go there and the surrounding bars near it.

Re:

We are just going to see Breaking Benjamin then explore the city a bit on both sides of the concert. I love Breaking Benjamin and am stoked that it's an unplugged concert.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
We are just going to see Breaking Benjamin then explore the city a bit on both sides of the concert. I love Breaking Benjamin and am stoked that it's an unplugged concert.

Wouldn't they sound better if they were plugged in? I need some of them hearing aids I guess (insert smiley holding hand to ear) molaugh I'm old

Re:

CHASMAN9 said:
Wouldn't they sound better if they were plugged in? I need some of them hearing aids I guess (insert smiley holding hand to ear) molaugh I'm old

They'll be plugged in, just all acoustic instruments either actually plugged in or with a mic set in front of it to pick up sound.

Here you go :dblthumb:

http://youtu.be/nkH3C7pnnLI

City and Colour is playing at Iron City in the Ham the weekend before (16th), and I was gonna go to that one too, but I've already seen them and have not seen BB play, so I figured I'd save my money and just go to Tuscaloosa. Buddy booked us a suite at Spring Hill Suites.

Funny seeing everyone chug a beer in that vid except for Ben, glad he is sober now, although he wrote his best music imo while he was an alchy. Their early albums will always remain among my favorites.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
They'll be plugged in, just all acoustic instruments either actually plugged in or with a mic set in front of it to pick up sound.

Here you go :dblthumb:

http://youtu.be/nkH3C7pnnLI

Oh, I guess that is like sitting in the front row of a Greatful Dead show and Jerry blowing smoke on you then. Still a little weazy from that one. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Haha Dead Head-Gregg! That noise is before my time, I couldn't name you a single GD song. And by GD, I mean Grateful Dead.... molaugh

Druid city brewing is a small dive but cool place because it was the first local brewery. I like the atmosphere at black warrior brewing a little better. For those that know Druid city music hall used to be the Jupiter.

Re:

I was referred to Black Warrior Brewing as well, we may check that one out! I'm looking forward to kickin' it in T-town!

Lol I won't be dropping by the looney bin.

I wish Tuscaloosa had something like Toomer's trees, I'd be an Auburn Harvey Updike while I was down there.