• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JohnG Health Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Hope it all goes well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JohnG said:
Starting radiation today. Five days a week for six weeks.

Good luck and prayers. My grandpa's finger and toenails stopped growing for a couple years, that could be a good side effect.

5BrothersFabrication said:
After radiation you'll probably turn green, get big as fawk, and rip yer britches. Good luck bud.

but only one cheek will bust out :butt:

5BrothersFabrication said:
So how did treatment 1&2 go?

Just got home from treatment 2, feels like a slight sunburn, but have a couple day to get over. Next week will probably be the real test.

Re:

If ya get to feeling real bad ya might have to get a prescription from Dr. Kush.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
If ya get to feeling real bad ya might have to get a prescription from Dr. Kush.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

When in need, call the Captain.

cap-n-kush-hood-wht1.jpg

Update July 27th:

Not much to report, but it has been a while since I updated. Still doing radiation 5 days a week, today was number 24 of 30. Still doing physical therapy 2 day a week, and exercises at home the other 5 days. I have not been back to the cancer surgeon, but have an appointment in early August. Getting a little better every day, my walking is pretty good, except for a limp. The limp gets worse as I get tired. I can tell the radiation has a cummulative effect, it is getting redder and more sore. About like you fell asleep on the beach!! Tomorrow is the last day of regular radiation, then they will take more "pictures" and the last five will be a "boost". From what I understand, it will be the same dosage (about 17 per visit), but will be more concentrated where the tumor was. Got a chance to get out last weekend and went offroading at Morris Mountain ORV in Delta, AL, it was good to get out of the house, and my stamnia, while not back, is a lot better than it was on my last ride on July 4th.

Little g sent me a pic. Good to see you getting out man!

Update August 8, 2016: I have been doing well. The skin got too tender to do radiation Friday (7-29) through Wednesday (8-3). Had to let it heal up. It blistered up around the incision area, then they popped, but after nursing it for a week, I continued radiation last Thursday (8-4). Already been today. If everything goes well, I should finish radiation this Wednesday. Today was 28 of 30. I finished up physical therapy last Thursday. I was sent home with exercises to do every day for a month, then drops to three days a week. I went and saw the cancer surgeon last Wednesday, checked me over and have another appointment the first part of November. They will do imaging at that time and we will see where we are. So, right now, just a day at a time, the last of radiation is really tough on me. I am hoping to be well enough to go to Grayrock ORV this weekend to watch the rock bouncers and go to a birthday party Saturday night. I miss my Greyrock friends. I don't think I will be able to watch long as I can't stand on the side of the mountain long, but want to see a few of them run.

Status
Not open for further replies.