• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KMC wheels

DoWorkXJ

What's everyone using for lug nuts on their KMC beadlocks? The wheels are so thick, and the lug nut holes are so narrow that I need to get long shank style lug nuts. Stock 7/8 style for my 9/16×18 studs are way too big. In a pinch for time and looking to see what everyone uses. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

On my methods I had to use these
31caae24026adb216f96393b6c8cd4d7.jpg

I know Broady has to also on his kmc

Rokcrler said:

My dad's jeep had those on his old set of beadlocks, the biggest pains in the ass to get started sometimes.

Re: Re: KMC wheels

Rokcrler said:

I think that's exactly what I need. Can you provide a link, please? Also, what size head do those have? 13/16"?

Thanks

Re:

I bought them from DRM on here.
The new ones are open not closed top.
Let me see if he'll chime in

Re: Re:

Rokcrler said:
I bought them from DRM on here.
The new ones are open not closed top.
Let me see if he'll chime in
Oh, okay. Thanks!

You rang? Let me know what thread size you need and I'll dig when I get home tonight. I think i still have plenty of those...

DRM said:
You rang? Let me know what thread size you need and I'll dig when I get home tonight. I think i still have plenty of those...
Yes, I believe they are 9/16x18

should be able to run normal spline lugs. we run those on all aftermarket wheels we sell. not sure if they make an ET style lug that is spline though.

gorilla-26193ht.jpg

Re:

Ugh. Hate spline lugs nuts.

You can get 3/4 hex size long lug nuts just like that and not have to deal with a stupid special socket

Rokcrler said:

are those 9/16 thread? are they also the right taper? (or are your wheels custom drilled?)

it was hell trying to find the right taper lug nut for my Methods. I ended up only finding ONE kind. 9/16 stud 45* taper is tough. 5/8 is easy...but not 9/16

the ones i found are giant...and required me to shave down a socket to fit over it and still turn without hitting the hub. They could be much smaller...but they arent.

oh i see DRM now -

DRM said:

Do you offer a 9/16 thread 45* taper lug nut that has a head that is smaller than like a 1 1/16? that is what I have now and it SUCKS to get them on and off...1/4 turn at a time

slravenel said:
are those 9/16 thread? are they also the right taper? (or are your wheels custom drilled?)

it was hell trying to find the right taper lug nut for my Methods. I ended up only finding ONE kind. 9/16 stud 45* taper is tough. 5/8 is easy...but not 9/16

the ones i found are giant...and required me to shave down a socket to fit over it and still turn without hitting the hub. They could be much smaller...but they arent.

oh i see DRM now -

Do you offer a 9/16 thread 45* taper lug nut that has a head that is smaller than like a 1 1/16? that is what I have now and it SUCKS to get them on and off...1/4 turn at a time
I thought those wheels would be a 60 degree taper?

DoWorkXJ said:
I thought those wheels would be a 60 degree taper?

KMC might be, but Methods are not (unless custom drilled)

the guy I quoted mentioned he used them on Methods so I was just jumping in...sorry for hijack confusion!

Re:

Mine in the picture are actually 1/2-20 since that's what was on my D60s running Methods.
Broady's are 9/16 on his D60s running KMC's. His are open but with same style

Edit...
Found out he needed them to run racelines before the kmc
65a05f40aa8ec79a00eb123601168772.jpg

Re: Re:

Rokcrler said:
Mine in the picture are actually 1/2-20 since that's what was on my D60s running Methods.
Broady's are 9/16 on his D60s running KMC's. His are open but with same style

Edit...
Found out he needed them to run racelines before the kmc
65a05f40aa8ec79a00eb123601168772.jpg
Oh I see! I'm still looking frantically online. Really need that little extra thread engagement from the ET's.